The Season Workers Forum

New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - thomas cook,thomson or in2action 2012???????????
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

thomas cook,thomson or in2action 2012???????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
princess88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thomas cook,thomson or in2action 2012???????????
    Posted: 20 September 2011 at 17:20
hey i just wanted any information or advice from anyone who has worked for thomas cook, thomson or in2action as achildren rep or crehe work as i am think of apply for summer 2012.

* what its like ?
* what is involved?
* training?
* interview

Thanks any info would be appricated
tamsyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 18:24
hiya i have applied for thomas cook as a childrens rep! you been asked to go to an interview? xx
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 19:07
hiya at the moment i have not applied for thomas cook as didnt relised we was able to apply yet i have applied for thomson but heard nothing back as yet and i have applied for in2action which have replied saying thanks for application and they will be intouch in november

have you been a holiday rep before?

tamsyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 11:33
i applied for first choice and thomson but didnt get an interview.. yeahh you can apply for thomas cook now.. ohh whats in2action?

Nahh this is my first time! what about you? xx
thewonderer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 15:37
I have worked for first choice holidays in Lanzarote as a kids rep. It was an alright season. Its long hours and we got an day and a half off a week not bad money for seasonairing about £500 per month better than some tour operators i've worked for.
What you do in the job is entertain the children by doing themed sessions useually your with a group of reps rotaed on. We also did hotel shows and coach transfers. You do welcome meetings as well to sell the kids club to the parents.
We went on a 5 day training in blackpool where we learnt about the job role health and safety and found out our resort here as well.
The interview I had to a presentation. I can't remember what I did as its nearly 3 years ago.
I'd advise applying for jobs like this cos its a great lifestyle. I've been doing jobs like this since 2007 and love it.
If you have any more ?'s just ask
tamsyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 17:01
ohh sounds like you love it!
i would prefer somewhere like spain or somewhere like that..i dont know if i would like france :/ not sure
ohh thats good then! its sounds really good! i have always wanted to do it! just hope i do alright in the interview..
how long did you do in the summer? xx
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 18:59
in2action is another company that also does children rep jobs heres the website www.in2action.co.uk it look pretty gooood :) x

thewonderer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 21:28
ive worked generally from april to late september
tamsyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 11:03
ohhh thats alright then..i am a student you see and would need be back from september :) x
bexy0108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bexy0108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 13:04
Hi, I worked for In2Action this year,
It's a really good company to work for as they train you before you get sent out to site. The week runs from Sunday to Friday, giving you Saturdays off,. All the session materials are pre-prepared and you run off a session plan, so you don't have to stress about what to do.
If you've got any questions about them feel free to message me. 

tamsyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 13:15
i have looked in applying for these..but they ask for three refrences? who can i put down? and when do you have to work from and to? x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 14:40
hey bexy thank god someone has worked for them lol coz thats the one i want really what was the interview and assessment day like? what did u have to do?

tamsyn for you references just put ur recent or current employer a family friend that has known u for years and a close friend that works with u normally u work from march/april till oct/sept just depends what company but i think sometimes u can start a little later i applied for thoms cook last year in june and i got an interview infortunatly i had to decline as i had holidays booked

xx
tamsyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 16:43
i have put my last two employers and a ex college teacher.. its just i need to be back in england for sepetember because of starting back at uni! did you do the assesmenet day for thomas cook? i have just applied for in2action.. they said they would get back to me within 10 days! xx
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 16:46
i didnt go to the assessment no.. what role u applied for with in2action? i applied in october they have been really good at replying unlike thomson which ive heard nothing from i got email for in2action recently say they will get back to me in novemeber x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 17:12
im sure with u starting uni in september that a lot of others will be doing to so i cant see it being a problem im sure there use to these situations xx
tamsyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 18:13
yeahh i think so :) yeahh thomas cook got back to me really quick! and i have applied for the creche worker! wbu? xx
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 18:20
i not yet applied for thomas cook .... ive applied for creche worker to :D xx
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 18:21
just seeing what happens with in2action before i apply for thomas cook x
tamsyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 18:22
ohh i see :) yayy!! i have heard its a telephone interview? thats good haha! xx
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 18:23
ye i heard that then a weeks asessment in the isle of wight xx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic