The Season Workers Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holidaybreak courier job?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cath May View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cath May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holidaybreak courier job?
    Posted: 26 February 2012 at 09:01
Hi all,

I recently applied for a children's courier position and prior to the interview was told there was only reserve positions left, I went along anyway and have been offered courier instead.

What does this really entail? Not just what holidaybreak say! Also, is it worth it? How much fun is it? What's the social side like? I also have an offer from camp america which would be amazing but the pay doesnt even cover the admin and visa costs etc.

Interested to see the views of people who've done it!
Sarah88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2012 at 11:15
Courier is usually cleaning in the morning which is long and boring, but then things like reception duties in the afternoon. It's hard work but deffinately worth it and people always drop out so if you went as courier you could tell your area manager when you get there that you really wanted childrens courier and that if any positions are available you would be interested, i've known people switch between job roles in seasons before.
The social side is amazing. Everyone is usually always up for a good time and very sociable. It depends on your area too, depending on where you get placed you could be near bars and always out, on other sites you may have to make your own fun but its always a good laugh. Hope this helps. 
GarethPatton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GarethPatton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 12:22
I worked for Eurocamp last year as a courier the job involves a lot of cleaning and reception duties. As well as that you have to do whats called ECO (emergency call out) where you have the phone all night in case a customer needs you. It sounds really boring but after a hard days work you party even harder. It was so good that i am going back for another season this year. Any questions just ask :)

Gareth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic