The Season Workers Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just a few questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
a__c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a__c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a few questions
    Posted: 29 March 2012 at 22:00
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions I have. I'm leaving to Italy in a few weeks with Thomson Al Fresco.

• How do you all normally take your luggage? If I checked in a holdall, and carried on a cabin-sized suitcase, would that be too much? I don't want to get there and look high maintenance :P
  • Anyone know what I should expect with Al Fresco? As it's mobile homes, is the cleaning generally a bit easier? I'm on a large campsite
  • Any other tips/advice
I had more questions, but I can't remember them now :/

KirstyW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 15:20
I'm guessing you're going for the whole season? I always take a suitcase/holdall then hand luggage too, I take as much as possible. I've worked for them for past couple of years, the cleanings not too bad, theres deposits in place, so only get the odd really bad clean. What site you on?
herecomesthesun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herecomesthesun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2012 at 21:57
large holdall or case that expands. No more than 20kg in your main hold case(unless they say otherwise)  and stuff your day sack with all that you can.  Dunno which airline y'd be going with, some airlines have more carry on than others, so worth checking the airlines website when u get the travel details thru.

Edited by herecomesthesun - 02 April 2012 at 21:57
bryony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 18:40
I rolled up to Tuscany last summer with a full size suitcase 15kg and a cabin suitcase 10kg and to be honest I wasn't bothered about looking high maintenance at all. 

Its entirely up to you what you do but you are going to be there for a long time so you do want to have enough clothes...
Boo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 22:26
The more you can pack in the better! I took hardly anything with me last year and it was a nightmare. Which region in Italy have you got? I'm going to be in Garda, leave on Friday, really can't wait :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic