The Season Workers Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Staff housing Whistler or alternative?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlexH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Staff housing Whistler or alternative?
    Posted: 13 April 2012 at 14:59
Hi there,

I am currently organising my season in Whistler for 2012/13 and will be working while i am out there through CCUSA if all goes to plan. Part of being employed by Whistler is that you are put in Staff housing...I have read many good and bad things about staff housing and would like anyone's opinion if you have stayed there before??

I have also looked at going private through either Rideonwhistler or Seasonit accommodation through the UK but not sure it will be a good idea for meeting people etc what do people think? Just want to get this right before i go! Obviously cost is another factor and the private places are expensive..but they look awesome!

thanks

Alex
Jess1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 21:36
I stayed in staff housing last season - you get what u pay 4! I shared a 2 bedroom apartment between 4 people - 2 of us in each tiny bunk room, tiny "kitchen" & enough space for a sofa & tv. It was squished but a lot of fun too. sometimes too much fun, not enough sleep! At times it was really depressing - messy, noisy & cramped. Other times it was wicked!

My 2 buddies from work stayed with rideonwhistler - totally different experience! They shared a room that was the same size as our whole apartment. Jealous. 
Lakebecky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakebecky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 14:49
I'm planning my season too! I watched some youtube videos of staff housing and it kind of put me off that! I want to find a group of people to rent a place with!
What time are you heading out? I'm thinking late October.
Also, do you know if there is anyway to find a job before I get to whistler? I'm from the UK!
Becky 
Smile
hayley1428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 00:46
Hi 
I'm also planning to go out to Canada for the winter season.  I was originally looking at Banff, but am now thinking about Whistler instead.  Having trouble making my mind up and am also travelling alone so could do with finding some people to share with too.  I'd like to have something on the way to being sorted before I leave the UK (planning to head to Canada mid August to do some travelling first) and would also love any info on arranging a job before I get there.  It's all a bit scary and uncertain!  Any info you come accross would be much appreciated if you wanted to share anything!  
Lakebecky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakebecky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 06:11
Hi
I'm looking for housemates too... I'm going to book two weeks stay at the hi-whistler hostel in the hope of finding some people to share a house with! It looks really nice!
With jobs, along as you are in Whistler by the start if Nov, the jobs fair shoud get us jobs :)
I'm terrified about going, but once I arrive I'm sure it will be amazing :)
rideonwhistler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rideonwhistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 21:39
Hey!

If your going to stay at the hostel make sure you book it well in advance it fills up quick! Also bear in mind that it is quite a way from whistler village almost 25 mins on the bus...

Keep an eye on our specials page we often have november specials that are much better value than staying in the hostel!

Also check out the season guide

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic