The Season Workers Forum

New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thomas Cook, Overseas Rep Assesment day in London!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas Cook, Overseas Rep Assesment day in London!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
chloooe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 10:47
Originally posted by carl09 carl09 wrote:

HI Emma. im off to manchester on the 14th too. im trying to get a escapaides job. wot about u ? so u done ur presantation iv done mine but keep going over it like a mong lol. so u worked abroard b4? any 1 else going on the 14th and no wot the day is really like.Confused 

im goin 14t 2 manc but for the kids rep job with thomas cook
s1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 11:20
im going to manchester on the 14th for the escapades rep, hows the presentations goin, im rite nervous really want this job
chloooe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 21:47
I've not been told about any presentation in my email it just says I will be doing group activtes in morning. But I orginally got rejection email last month but they rang me yesterday saying can I go to assessment so I'm like mega phyced LOL what's escapedes like club 18 30??
graceawalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graceawalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 16:03
Ive got my escapades presentation on the 21st in london, got a 3 minute presentation on selling products! Anyone else gona be there?

Edited by graceawalker - 26 October 2009 at 16:03
carl09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 18:32
Hi guys so hows the presentations going  i keep changeing mine lol. so dose any 1 no how many ppl get through on the day. Confused. i so cant wait to start if i get the job its gonna be a time to remember. who else is going on 14th nov. i no chloe and emma any 1 eles?
Alfie20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfie20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 19:50
I have my assesment on the 21st of November! Does anyone know how the day is going to go or anything?

Is there a maths test? I know they do with TUI!

Also i did repping last year so if anyone wants any help just ask :0)

Alfie
LOSTGeek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOSTGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 11:04
I got mine 28th November [: At Birminghammmm. Anyone else got the same day?
Im excited, but nervous! Good luck everyone! x

Edited by LOSTGeek - 27 October 2009 at 11:13
nicky_22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicky_22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:45
I am going on the 21st  in London uswell
giu bag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giu bag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 18:52
heeey!  where were u last yr ? also what kind of rep u applied for? x
CatherineSarah01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatherineSarah01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 16:05

Hey Guys & Gurls!

Ive got my assessment day on the 14th November in Manchester! Anyone Else? Everyone I speak to has it on the 15th (a sunday) so i was worried that i have got the wrong day but checked my email & I havent =]
Im really nervous about the presentation.. Im usually a really bubbly, outgoing person but Im worrying that im guna mess up at forget everythng & just end up standing thre like a pillack! Embarrassed Haa... Does anyone have any pointers for me?? They would be very much appreciated! =] xx
wathall89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wathall89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 19:23
I was a rep this year for thomas cook and this time last year i was in your shoes, i was having my interview.
Don't be scared - on the day you meet lots of people who are in the same boat.
you start the day by watching a film about thomas cook and life as a rep. you have maths and english test which is easy then you get split up into different groups  to do your presentation. after that you play a game of cluedo then you have to act it out infront of the whole group - this is where they look for whether you can speak infront of groups. then you leave to have lunch - we went to m&s and the que was a mile long sooo funny.
After lunch you come back and you are told whether to passed the first half. if you passed you have got an interview yeeyyy
The interview is just stuff like when you applied customer service in your last job e.c.t
you leave and about 2 weeks later you get a call saying whether or not you got it.

I got the job and in march this year thomas cook flew us out to majorca to start a week training course. i got benidorm and flew straight from majorca to benidorm.
I had the best summer of my life and met loads of different people.

My advice is be yourself on the assessment day, don't be to loud ot to quite and remember to make friends and talk to people as if your always alone you won't get it.

If you need any more info just ask

Good Look !!!!!
chloooe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 19:43
ahh thats coool. I dont camp america this year so hopefully that will help me a bit  ( i got interview for kids rep) but i well want this job be proper awesome. Ive not got to do presentation well dont think so ive not been told about one but fingers crossed all goes well!
what would u suggest wearing? I no random lol x
wathall89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wathall89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 19:53
where smart wear. one person had jeans on and got sent home. hair tied back e.c.t
If you get the job you will have an awsome summer 2010. i am going back next year. i left the company in august due to me being ill but i got my job offered back to me. I miss it x
chloooe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 19:57

ahh thats well good! well done. do u get to pick where u want to go or just get placed?

And i wasent planning on wearing jeans but thanks for heads up lol.
CatherineSarah01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatherineSarah01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 10:47
How many people roughly go to the same assessment day? What kind of questions do they ask you? Do the people who you have done your presentation in front of you ask you questions too? Sorry for all the questions, just like to know! Haa Smile xx
wathall89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wathall89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 10:16

They don't tell you where you are going untill your half way through the training course. I started my course on saturday the 14th march and on 29th i was told where i was going. then i flew there from majorca on the 21st. you can get anywhere. 1 girl got mexico another got dom rep abd i got benidorm.

on the assessment day they ask you things like " In your last job when do you give good customer service" e.c.t stuff like that.
When you have finished your presentation you just sit back down in your small group and the next person goes up. When i went to mine there was about 100 people there. When i first arrived i met a girl from another rep interview we had together from the week before with thomson but we both failed. then we had our thomas cook interview and both passed. just remember to interact with people DON'T be a loner !!! hope this helps
LOSTGeek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOSTGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 09:07
What about if i don't have to do a presentation? They told me i wont need to do one, but i think i might prepare one just in case. Anyone else who didnt have to prepare a presentation? x
chloooe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 17:24
i havent had any information to do one but then i have a assesment to be a childrens rep.
LOSTGeek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOSTGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 10:21
Yeah same Chloe, ah so maybe just KidsWorld people don't need to do one?
Where you going for your assessment? x
chloooe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 17:42
ahh well im not complaining about not going a presentation. lol.

im going manchester for a assessment nxt weekend uu? im so suprised they dont do it in london quite annoying relii
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic