Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
Spend a summer in the Croatian sunshine looking after our fleet of watercraft. With the back-up of our waterfront team, the Neilson boat mechanic will take ownership of the maintenance/servicing plans and upkeep of our fleet.
Not only will you be able to diagnose and repair a variety of issues, but also interact well with all guests and other team members. You'll need to be motivated by a challenge and ready deal with any problems that arise. When you're not busy fixing things you will help out with the beach and waterski operation.
If you are an experienced motor vehicle mechanic, that's great! If you have never worked on a boat? No problem! Over the years, some of our best Neilson engineers have come from an agricultural & car mechanic background.
If you are confident with petrol engines, 12-volt electrics and you would like to combine this with a passion for people and helping to create an amazing holiday experience for our guests, then life as a Neilson Boat mechanic may be for you!
We'll cover your travel, accommodation & food in the package/ We'll also provide exciting opportunities to work with us all year round! If this sounds good to you, then bring your mechanical knowledge and skills to the Neilson Team.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- You'll tend to a working fleet of four Waterski & Wakeboard boats along with nine outboard Safety craft Power Boats
- Responsible for the general maintenance and servicing of the fleet
- Fault finding and major repairs
- Co-ordinating orders, and stock management
- Co-ordinate fuel management for resort operation by liaising with Waterski Manager & Activities Manager
- No problem is too big or too small – you will thrive in an environment that brings a sense of adventure and satisfaction from dealing with a variety of mechanical and electrical faults
- You are expected to be flexible with your time and work the hours required to ensure that our boats are fully functional whenever possible
- You will take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and equipment ensuring that we meet our brochure specifications and guest expectations
- You are happy working as part of a team pro-actively providing help to all guests using our boats each day
- You may sometimes need to move between different resorts according to operational needs and requirements
- We would require that you are flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason as requested by your manager
These are the main accountabilities however these may vary according to your resort.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Engineering experience – mechanical and electrical
- NVQ Level 3 motor vehicle mechanic or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Full clean driving License
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Knowledge of 12V electric systems would be beneficial
- Previous customer service experience
- Desirable – Boat licence RYA Powerboat level 2 / BWSW Ski Boat Driver
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance