Become part of a prestigious ski school in Romania’s largest ski resort, Poiana Brasov. Train up to become a ski instructor in just 2 weeks before being employed as an instructor, coaching individuals, children and families. Help to improve technique and get them feeling confident and safe on the snow.
The ski season in Romania opens mid-December. You will head out to Romania at the end of November for your ability assessment and training. After up to 2 weeks of training and after passing your ISIA level 1 qualification, you will be employed at the ski school until the end of the season in mid-March. You should expect to be working with both adults and children.
You need to have at least 4 weeks of skiing experience before being accepted onto this programme. You need to enjoy being out on the snow each day and to have at least the basic skills to be able to teach others. Once you’ve completed your training you will be employed to work as an instructor by the ski school. You will start work at the beginning of the season, and work until its end in the middle of March.
The Job & Pay
Spend the season working at the ski school, enjoying skiing in your own time and exploring Transylvania and its surrounding area. Between Christmas and February is the busiest time of the season, therefore you should prepare to be working hard during this time.
You will be teaching both adults and children and can expect to work about 2 hours each day, earning approximately 35 lei per hour plus tips. In the busy season, this will likely be much more, and you will feel very busy. Previous participants have found that the wage has been more than adequate to live on and lead active social lives.
Accommodation & Location
Oyster will organise your comfortable accommodation in the centre of Brasov, rent free and only a 20 minute bus journey from Poiana Brasov. The exciting city has a number of bars, restaurants and cafes to enjoy a few beers after a day out on the slopes. On your days off you can relax in Brasov or explore the local area.
Brasov is an ideal base for getting plenty of skiing in over the winter as well as making the most of being in an exciting area of Eastern Europe.
What do I get for my money?
Prices start from £3995 for experienced and competent skiers.
- Full briefing, interview and guaranteed part time job before departure
- Airport transfers
- Fully equipped accommodation in a central flat in Brasov
- Season bus pass from Brasov to Poiana Brasov
- Season ski pass for work purposes
- Full ski instructor training in English of up to 2 weeks depending on ability
- About two hours of work per day, earning on average 35 lei per hour (£7) plus tips
- Full help and support both before departure and whilst in Romania from Anne in the UK (who spent 3 months in Romania) and Razvan, our experienced representative since 2003.
- Basic Romanian language guide