Job Role Summary
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
A Neilson holiday would not be complete without dedicated fitness professionals. You will need to be passionate about fitness, energetic and sociable with the ability to work independently. You’ll be based in one of our beautiful beach resorts where you will deliver a varied weekly programme that is always safe, fun and precisely tailored to your guests.
Throughout the season you will interact with a variety of individuals from all walks of life at varying levels of fitness, therefore enabling you to both inspire and to be inspired while continually expanding your personal fitness experience. Your sessions will be created around the facilities and equipment available to you in the resort and drawing upon your skills, knowledge and training.
A high level of personal fitness is required as you will be expected to guide 5KM runs and lead or join 6-8 classes per day.
We will provide you with plenty of support and additional training, so as long as you are up for the challenge, open-minded and willing to learn, you will gain plenty of experience teaching all of the classes below:
- Aqua Aerobics
- Stretch & Relax
- Gym sessions
- Personal training
- Circuit training
You will need group session instructional experience and hold the minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Exercise to Music, Fitness Instruction or equivalent. Level 3 Personal Training, Yoga, Pilates qualifications or experience would be extremely beneficial.
We have plenty to keep you motivated throughout the season too! You can enjoy lots of awesome activities including dinghy sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, water skiing, wakeboarding, cycling and tennis as part of the deal.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Consistently maintain an excellent level of customer service
- Provide an excellent fitness programme that incorporates group classes and personal training sessions
- Demonstrate and deliver effective techniques accommodate varying levels of fitness during classes
- Actively promote the fitness programme and personal training sessions to maximise participation
- To ensure the highest standards of health and safety
- Advise all guests on the practical and safe use of all equipment
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson fitness equipment
- Make sure that the fitness areas are always clean & tidy
- Able to work independently, to set up, pack up, and help all guests using the gym equipment each day
- To assist in the organisation and hosting of social events, delivering briefings
- You'll be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To assist in the set-up of the hotel/fitness areas at the beginning of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- You'll be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and fulfil your contractual end date
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
Qualifications and Experience required
- Exercise to Music qualification
- Gym Instructor qualification
- Level 3 Personal trainer or above
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Experience of delivering a variety of exercise classes
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic understanding of Yoga and Pilates
- Pilates Instructor qualification
- Yoga Teacher/Instructor qualification
- Suspension exercise trainer
- Aqua Aerobics Instructor
- Zumba instructor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Awareness of current fitness industry developments
- Ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergencies
- Able to plan and advise on guest fitness development
- Effective communication skills
- Able to work independently using your initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to promote and lead an inspirational and active lifestyle
- You must have a high level of fitness
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Flexible Attitude
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times