Take the plunge into the world of watersports.
SELECTION DAYS BEING HELD ON 2nd / 11th November !!! or come and visit us at the Southampton Boatshow (15th to 24th September).
With the activity industry growing and growing it is no surprise that there is a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet demand. Rockley want to nurture and develop the next generation of Watersports Instructors whilst also giving young people access to achieving qualifications with one of the world’s leading providers of professional watersports training, whilst also reducing the costs that normally prevent many individuals from accessing such training.
Rockley are therefore offering you a fast track route into the watersports industry at a subsidise cost – with guaranteed paid employment for the full summer season 2018 in France or the UK, as well as access to further qualifications and progression within the company.
Who’s it for?
The Scholarship is aimed at both our key returning staff and to the wider world of individuals who are looking at starting there career in the watersports industry and want to up-skill and become qualified RYA Instructors with a passion who want to work with Rockley in the future.
The Leap for Success Scholarship:
- 11 Weeks subsidised RYA training at Rockley Academy, Poole – Start Date: 12th February 2018
- Includes Full Board Accommodation.
- Guaranteed paid employment for summer 2018 (mid April – mid September) Subject to T & C’s
- Includes travel to and from Rockley Academy to a centre in France at the beginning and end of your work period.
- Week 1 Intro week - get out on the water !!!
- Week 2 RYA Beginner Module
- Week 3 RYA Intermediate Modules
- Week 4 RYA Intermediate Modules
- Week 5 RYA Advanced Modules
- Week 6 Instructor Preparation Week including RYA Pre Entry Assessment
- Week 7 RYA Dinghy Instructor
- Week 8 RYA Start Windsurf & basic knowledge skills
- Week 9 RYA Intermediate Windsurf skills and techniques
- Week 10 RYA Intermediate Windsurf skills, techniques and clinics
- Week 11 RYA Windsurf Instructor
Also included: RYA Powerboat Level 2 / RYA First Aid / RYA Essential Navigation/ RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding certificates
Who is Eligible?
- You must be aged 18 years or older and have a passion for the outdoors with the desire to become a fully qualified instructor and have the desire to want to pass on your knowledge to others.
- You must have the desire and commitment to work a full season with Rockley Watersports until mid September 2018 – with the aspiration to move on further in the watersports industry.
- Be available for the full duration of the Scholarship and period of employment, mid February- Septmeber 2018.
- Attend an interview and selection day at out Rockley Point Centre, Poole.
- Hold a valid UK Passport, National Insurance Number and UK Bank Account.
- A basic knowledge of sailing and windsurfing is desirable but not essential.
How to Apply?
- Complete and return the online application form and return to Rockley.
- You may then be invited to a selection day at out Rockley Point Centre, Poole - if you cannot attend the selection day we may be able to organise and alternative interview date. The selection day will consist of an Introduction to Rockley as a company, a formal interview and team building exercises.
- If your selection is successful, we require non refundable deposit of £100.00 to confirm your commitment to the Scholarship immediately, with the full balance due by the 20th January 2018 – please note that if full payment is not received by the 20th January 2018 you will not be allowed onto the course and your deposit will not be refunded.
For more inforamtion or to Apply check out our website