Take the plunge into the world of watersports! Leap for Success is aimed at individuals looking for their first steps into the industry or those looking to up-skill and become qualified RYA instructors.
INTERVIEWS BEING HELD OCTOBER / NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2019 !!!
With the activity industry growing and growing it is no surprise that there is a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet demand. Rockley want to nurture and develop the next generation of Watersports Instructors whilst also giving young people access to achieving qualifications with one of the world’s leading providers of professional watersports training, also reducing the costs that normally prevent many individuals from accessing such training.
Rockley are therefore offering you a fast track route into the watersports industry at a subsidised cost – with guaranteed paid employment for the full summer season 2020 in France or the UK, as well as access to further qualifications and progression within the company.
Who’s it for?
The Scholarship is aimed at both our key returning staff and to the wider world of individuals who are looking at starting their career in the watersports industry and want to up-skill and become qualified RYA Instructors with a passion who want to work with Rockley in the future.
The Leap for Success Scholarship:
- 12 weeks subsidised training at Rockley Academy, Poole – Start Date: 10th February 2020
- Includes Full Board Accommodation.
- Guaranteed paid employment for summer 2020 (mid April – September) Subject to T & C’s
- Includes travel to and from Rockley Academy to a centre in France at the beginning and end of your work period.
NEW FOR 2020 - Rockley will be introducing recognised Paddlesport Instructor qualifications.
During the course you will also work towards the following qualifications:
RYA Dinghy Instructor
RYA Windsurf Instructor
RYA Powerboat Level 2
RYA Essential Navigation
RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding Course
RYA First Aid
Continued mentoring and professional development throughout the season!
Who is Eligible?
- You must be aged 18 years or older and have a passion for the outdoors with the desire to become a fully qualified instructor and have the desire to want to pass on your knowledge to others.
- You must have the desire and commitment to work a full season with Rockley Watersports until September 2020 – with the aspiration to move on further in the watersports industry.
- Be available for the full duration of the Scholarship and period of employment, mid February- Septmeber 2020.
- Attend an interview at our Rockley Point Centre, Poole.
- Hold a valid UK Passport, National Insurance Number and UK Bank Account.
- A basic knowledge of sailing and windsurfing is desirable but not essential.
How to Apply?
- Complete and the application form and return to Rockley.
- You may then be invited to a selection day at our Rockley Point Centre, Poole - if you cannot attend the selection day we may be able to organise an alternative interview date. The selection day will consist of an introduction to Rockley as a company, a formal interview and team building exercises.
- If your selection is successful, we require non refundable deposit of £100.00 to confirm your commitment to the Scholarship immediately, with the full balance due by the 20th January 2020 – please note that if full payment is not received by the 20th January 2020 will not be allowed onto the course and your deposit will not be refunded.
For more inforamtion or to request an application click apply and submit your interest through the online form along with a copy of your CV.