EC English Language Centres
Helping students succeed in a global community
Established in 1991 EC Malta was EC’s first and only school. This small school quickly gained a wonderful reputation and became one of the leading English language schools in Malta. Fast forward to today and there are 29 year-round schools in eight countries on four continents, retaining their excellent reputation for delivering English Language courses globally. EC has a Young Learners division which incorporates EC Academy, EC Study Tours and Embassy Summer and manages over 30000 weeks from students from over 140 countries helping them to improve their language skills, meet new friends and take part in a wide range of activities and cultural excursions that will help them develop important life skills.
Our Activity Leaders are at the forefront of delivering a successful activity programme, providing instruction, guidance and coaching to the students, whilst ensuring all activities are delivered to provide a safe, secure and tolerant environment in a proactive and engaged manner.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact
- Ensure the activities and excursions operates to the highest standards of relevant Health & Safety and safeguarding practices
- Manage and instruct during onsite activities sessions which enable the development of students’ Life Skills
- Manage and lead offsite excursions which enable the development of students’ Life Skills
- Maximise student and group leader satisfaction by ensuring their experience meets or exceeds their expectations.
Specific duties include:
- To lead, supervise, motivate & engage students on activities and trips
- To enthusiastically promote the Activity Programme
- To ensure adequate preparation & set up for on/offsite activities
- To prepare, plan & lead students on excursions
- To maintain levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
- To assist in day to day general duties as instructed by senior management
- To work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children and young people
- To carry out residential supervision duties, including meal and bedtime supervision as requested by the Centre Manager
- To complete ‘prep time’ in accordance with the requirements outlined by line managers to benefit the delivery of the activity and excursion programme
- To help manage and maintain activity stock, which will include lifting of equipment
- To assist and engage students with activities and excursions through the use of the Embassy Summer App.
- The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the company’s Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
- Employees are required to cooperate fully with all arrangements in place related to Health and Safety which include implementation and compliance with control measures resultant from risk assessments and engagement with, and completion of, any relevant Health and Safety training.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Specialism in sports coaching, drama or dance
- Experience in junior education / learning /sports
- Summer School experience
- Specialism in sports coaching, drama or dance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to motivate and engage students
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline
What training will be offered to New Activity Leaders?
- Pre-arrival online training
- Practical Training Day in London
- Centre induction on arrival
- Role specific manual
- CPD opportunities
- Opportunity to shadow managers and career progression
- 6 days out of 7 (1 day off per week)
- 44 hours per week (including preparation time)
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- If you have a DBS certificate and have subscribed to the DBS update service, we will reimburse the £13 annual renewal fee. Proof of receipt required.
- If you did not subscribe to this service, we will need to apply for a NEW DBS for you. Our Safer Recruitment Officer will discuss this with you.
Equality and Diversity: Equality and diversity are at the heart of everything we do. Our learning opportunities are open to everyone, regardless of their background and circumstances, and we apply the same standards to the staff we employ.