Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Vacancies available in Les Gets, La Plagne and Les Menuires, France
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Your role is primarily to support our resort teams and UK teams’ administration responsibilities. Working with the Resort Manager, Resort Childcare Manager and UK colleagues you will be fully responsible for ensuring various resort administration tasks are undertaken correctly, accurately and timely. You should be able to work autonomously with little supervision, consequently, for the right candidate this role could give you considerable opportunities to enjoy life to the full living in a ski resort.
This position is ideally suited to an accounts industry professional looking to take some ‘time out’ or a recently qualified professional looking for their first job within a diverse exciting industry. Whilst this job is primarily expected to be a back-office support role, when needed, you will also be required to support your team colleagues, particularly on our Transfer Days, hence customer service and communication skills are key attributes too.
Resort Administrator Responsibilitiess • Working with your Resort Head Chef, Resort Managers and our UK Finance team make sure all weekly food and drink purchases are recorded correctly and timely. This includes purchases made locally (and the subsequent recording of this using our expenses programme ‘Web expenses’ and purchases that are made using our accounts with our trusted suppliers. • Working with your Resort Managers, ensure all staff work rotas are adhered to, managed and subsequent French working timesheet documents are correctly and regularly recoded and filed. • Ensure all local ski pack sales are completed timely and that payments are taken and recorded immediately. • Ensure all weekly resort administrative tasks are completed and submitted correctly. These tasks will include and not be limited to the following tasks • Management of our company HR system (Breathe HR) in recording all team absences throughout the season • Recording of weekly stock takes of our wine stocks • Complete monthly Taxe de Sejour declarations • Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do • Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families when required. • Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently within budgeted cost. • Maintaining and developing working relationships with all our key suppliers, ie.g.e chalet owners and ski schools • Develop a close working relationship with UK colleagues especially Guest Relations and Finance and respond professionally and promptly to any and all information requests. • Take full responsibility for any company cash and the recording and safekeeping of this at all times • If required, undertake guest transfers and accompany our customers to and from our airports. • Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille and Ski Vertigo
Requirements of the Role
• Previous experience in administrative tasks with a critical eye for detail.
• Excellent work ethic, with the ability to work autonomously.
• Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office programmes, especially EXCEL.
• Great self-motivation and organisational skills
• Good communication skills, approachable, and diplomatic
• Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances and to guests of all ages
• An understanding of the differences between adult and child holiday needs
• A proactive problem solver especially when under pressure
• Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
• A strong experienced team player
• At least basic French language skills is preferable and would put you ahead of other applicants! • Availability for the whole season (November 2022 until end of April 2023)
• Desirable but not essential is a full clean driving licence (held for at least 2 years)
• Age 21 or over (age restrictions apply due to the insurance on vehicles)
• Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
• We will conduct checks as well as taking up at least two references
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced price Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to kick-start your career in hospitality and travel
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by clicking "Apply Now" and sending your CV and a covering letter.
Please note, we welcome (& actively encourage!) applications from couples or friends for all our roles