Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Vacancies available in Les Gets, La Plagne and Les Menuires, France
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Being part of a flexible team and happy to give anything a go is an essential part of this role. Ski Famille offers guests a high quality of service at all times; from the moment they arrive in resort through to their departure. If you are a person who is a good all- rounder willing to go the extra mile, happy to assist your colleagues in all areas of our operation and ensure families have a holiday to remember, this could be for you.
We are looking for well presented, dedicated individuals who are happy to work efficiently without supervision, have a ‘can do’ attitude and will demonstrate excellent customer service skills. You will also be working with children on a day to day basis, so an energetic, engaging keen team player is needed.
Resort Assistant Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent care free holiday to all traveling guests.
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities to make their holiday fun and trouble free
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost. This could include helping in the chalets (both cooking, cleaning, helping with food and wood deliveries) &/or helping the childcare staff organise children’s clubs or ski school
- Be a key player in transfer day operations and organisation. For example accompanying guests to and from the airport maximising sales of ski essentials and delivering and picking them up from their accommodations.
- Developing new and existing revenue streams and sales opportunities.
- Maintaining the exterior of our chalets eg snow and ice clearing and our Hot Tubs
- Assist in the internal maintenance upkeep of all our chalets
- Care and maintenance of all resort vehicles and completion of associated weekly paperwork
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in hospitality
- A keen DIY’er or ideally a tradesperson looking for a change of environment
- Driving experience, ideally of vehicles bigger than cars and ‘on the wrong side of the road’
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible & enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (Mid November until end of April)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (held for at least 2 years)
- Age 21 or over (age restrictions apply due to the insurance on vehicles)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteria
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- We require all staff to obtain a police-check such as the UK DBS and we will take up at least two references
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced price Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to kick-start your career in hospitality and travel
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by clicking "Apply Now" and sending your CV and a covering letter.
Please note, we welcome (& actively encourage!) applications from couples or friends for all our roles