Camp Cooper is the UK's leading American-style overnight summer camp based in Scotland, for international & British campers aged 7-17.
Campers create a personalised summer programme designed to suit their interests.
At Camp Cooper, we actively encourage campers to develop life-skills such as independence, confidence and leadership. We focus on forming friendships, inspiring creativity and having fun.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for 8 camp counsellors to complete our summer team. The camp counsellor is a role model, friend, leader and mentor for our campers. Each counsellor is responsible for a cabin group of 8 - 12 campers - living, eating, laughing, supporting and organising activities with their group.
The Camp Counsellor facilitates friendships, runs unique cabin activities and is responsible for the pastoral care, safety and well-being of their campers.
The counsellor role is a fully residential role. The role includes food and accommodation.
Each counsellor will run at least one elective activity in the morning and afternoon based on skill and experience. We are still looking for counsellors who can teach:
- English Language (minimum TEFL qualification)
- Sports & Football
- Rockstar! (music - guitar, keyboard, drums & singing)
Please note, counsellors are required to have significant experience in their elective area(s), with previous teaching experience desired. Counsellors will be solely responsible for leading a group of up to 20 children in the elective activity.
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of young people aged 7-17
- Fluent in English
- Ability to be a positive role model for young people
- Experience in teaching at least one of the elective activities
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be responsible for the care, well-being and safety of young people
- Experience of working in a residential youth environment
- Experience of working with young people from a range of nationalities
- All applicants must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- All successful applicants must be available to work the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- Staff get 1 day off per week, scheduled by the Camp
- The salary for working at Camp is £2550. This includes room and board (the salary is subject to all normal UK taxes - e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions)
Summer Employment Dates (including staff training):
Start Date: Monday June 25th, 2018 (2pm)
End Date: Saturday August 25th, 2018 (6pm)
These dates includes a mandatory 6-day staff training period.