If you're looking to live and work abroad then our au pair opportunity might just be the very thing you're looking for!
Our Au Pair in Spain package is the perfect way to make new friends, delve into local culture, come away with a handful of experiences and improve your Spanish language skills.
With most host families living in Madrid, you will be an Au Pair in the largest hot spot in Spain. Perhaps 6.5 million people in the country’s capital is not your cup of tea? Not to worry, as other cities include Seville, Barcelona, Malaga and Santander. The Au Pair in Spain program is a great opportunity to become part of a Spanish family, as the Host Family welcomes you as a family member and not as an employee.
You will work up to 30 hours per week. Your schedule is based on the family's needs and will differ with each placement. Duties will include:
- Childcare and assisting with English language skills
- Light housework; such as helping prepare meals, doing some laundry and keeping your room tidy
- Driving children to and from school, appointments and in some cases tutoring sessions
- Accommodation including your own private room
- 3 meals per day
- Airport pick-up and drop off
- Weekly pocket money (80-120 Euros per week)
- In-country assistance and advice during your stay in Spain
- Welcome orientation and you will check in with your Au Pair Coordinator once a month, just top make sure things are running smoothly.
- You'll also have the opportunity to undertake Spanish lessons shoudl you choose to
Find out more by visiting the Smaller Earth website to find out more about about our two Au Pair Spain programmes.