Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Our Childcare Manager has an involved role at the heart of our resort management team. The Childcare Manager is the champion of all childcare issues in the company and will be consulted on all key operational decisions. Ski Famille childcarers and nannies are the reason that so many of our guests return year after year.
The successful applicant will hold relevant childcare qualifications and have a proven track record of managing staff in a childcare environment. This is a challenging but very rewarding position. You will be a key member of the team; your opinions and knowledge are invaluable to the success of the season. It is mainly a hands off role, although there will be times when it is necessary to work with your team in our chalets, during high pressure weeks and in case of sickness.
Above all, you will show a dedication and passion towards ensuring that our guests, of all ages, have the best possible holiday. A positive attitude and genuine enthusiasm will be your key characteristics.
Childcare Manager Responsibilities
- Managing and motivating a team of staff of childcarers
- Liaising with parents
- Keeping track of all equipment; ordering and purchasing replacement items
- Monitoring the cleanliness and condition of playrooms
- Preparing for weekly arrivals
- Liaising with the ski school providers
- Completing all paperwork on time and efficiently
- Holding weekly meetings with the childcare team
- Having an overview of the childcare service at all times
- Regular feedback to the Head of Operations
- You will be expected to visit each chalet every day, spending time with the children, parents and staff.
- Your team should look upon you as an approachable confidant to turn to in times of need, as well as the figure of authority who earns their respect.
Requirements of the Role
- Either NVQ Level 3, NNEB, CACHE, BTEC, RGN, RSCN, or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven childcare experience and be fully qualified to work with young babies
- You must hold a valid First Aid Certificate
- Have previous team leadership experience
- Availability for the whole season (Late November 2018 until April 2019)
- Must be aged 25 or over (age restrictions are due to insurance on vehicles)
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- UK Passport - Unfortunately, a working visa is not acceptable
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK Bank Account
We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references.
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Accommodation for the duration of the season
- Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Accident and medical insurance ∙
- Return air travel from the UK
- Comprehensive training in resort
- End of season bonus
- A fantastic opportunity & life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and sending your C.V and covering letter.