Note: All applicants must have the right to work in France (EU passport, French residency or the correct visas to work in France)
There has never been a better time to experience a winter season in the Alps. Pay levels have increased and working hours reduced so you will have every opportunity to make the most of the snow with new friends as you join one of the best - and best looked after - season teams in the Alps.
Responding calmly to changing circumstances and maintaining team morale and guest satisfaction is an essential part of the job. Childcare Managers must set and maintain high standards whilst ensuring the Childcare Team have the necessary resources, skills and support to carry out their jobs in a happy and professional environment.
Key duties of role:
- To provide leadership, support and guidance for the resort Childcare team with responsibility for their motivation and performance.
- To quality control all aspects of Family Ski Company childcare service in resort, ensuring that Family Ski Company standards of childcare services are being upheld in all areas.
- To ensure that childcare paperwork is being completed correctly
- Regular guest liaison regarding the childcare service
- To regularly liaise with guests from the moment they arrive into resort to the moment they leave, ensuring guest satisfaction with the childcare aspects of their holiday.
- To provide a key point of communication between the childcare team and the Resort Manager/ Operations team.
- To ensure the childcare team have all the equipment, food, paperwork and other general supplies required to fulfill their responsibilities.
- To work within the childcare team rota to help with ratios and monitoring of our service.
- To be proactive in identifying service improvements and to be flexible in responding to changing circumstances.
- The position will require you to assist the Resort Manager in any duties that may be necessary in resort.
Who we look for:
Childcare Managers are expected to be approachable, responsible and diplomatic managers.
The position involves a great deal of organisation and planning whilst at the same time daily contact with the guests, children and the childcare team, so strong people management ability combined with excellent communication skills are essential.
- A confident manager who can keep calm under pressure with an energetic and positive outlook
- Proven experience in a personnel managerial role is essential as is a good understanding of professional childcare practises.
- Experience of the hospitality industry and in providing excellent customer service
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- To be proactive and to have excellent problem solving ability
- Preferably you would hold an EU driving licence.
- Due to the nature of our business all employees must hold a recent DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) enhanced disclosure and certificate – we can assist with this process.
Family Ski Company provide their resort teams with an excellent employment package
- Transport to and from the UK at the beginning and at the end of the season.
- A full season lift pass
- Insurance that covers skiing accidents and emergency medical cover
- Ski equipment for the full season
- Accommodation (We have double rooms for couples)
- One and a half days off per week (this is more than the standard single day most companies offer as well as staggered shifts allowing for skiing around work duties)
We have an excellent reputation in the industry for treating our teams very well and with great respect