Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
We are now only considering qualified applications for vacancies available in Les Gets, La Plagne & Les Menuires, France.
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Ski Famille childcarers and nannies are the reason that so many of our guests return year after year. You will be the main focus and barometer if a family has enjoyed their holiday and if of course they will travel with us again.
We are looking for well presented, energetic, engaging individuals who are happy to work in a team environment and are able to provide stimulating, entertaining and safe activities for children from 4 months to 12 years, come rain or shine. Unlike many day nurseries, the children are only on holiday for a week, which means relationships have to be made quickly with new children and their families.
We provide training before the season starts on all aspects of working in a ski resort, for example, taking the children to ski school and activities to suit the environment.
Childcare Staff Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent carefree holiday to all traveling guests, by providing our brochured childcare services
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do and a clear routine for children from day one
- Delivery of feedback to children’s families using our preferred system – usually ‘TAPESTRY’ – consequently a working knowledge of this would be useful, however full training will be given
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities and revenue streams and sales opportunities to make their holiday fun, trouble free and generating revenue for Ski Famille
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost
- Close professional liaison with all parents or guardians, before and during the provided childcare hours
- Offering daily detailed feedback to parents
- Acting as a positive role model with the fun factor
- Daily clean and weekly deep clean of the playroom
- Delivery of varied, age appropriate activities indoors and outdoors 6 days a week
- Keeping children safe at all times and undertaking company directed H & S checks
- Preparing and serving lunches with the understanding of dietary requirements and being mindful to dangerous or life threatening allergies
- Providing snacks when appropriate
- Completing the relevant paperwork daily or weekly
- Maintaining and developing a positive working relationship with all our key suppliers, i.e. chalet owners, equipment hire shops and ski schools.
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- We are only accepting applications from :
- Qualified applicants with a childcare qualification such as NVQ Level 2, NNEB, CACHE, BTEC, RGN, RSCN, or equivalent qualifications such as the Irish NFQ/QQI Level 4,
- Friendly, flexible, enthusiastic and approachable
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous but not essential
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants, however this is not essential
- Availability for the whole season (start of December to end of April)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteriaFind your dream ski job in the Alps with Ski Famille
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- We require all staff to obtain a police-check such as the UK DBS and we will take up at least two references
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced price Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to kick-start your career in hospitality and travel
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by clicking "Apply Now" and sending your CV and a covering letter.
Please note, we welcome (& actively encourage!) applications from couples or friends for all our roles.