Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Ski Famille childcarers and nannies are the reason that so many of our guests return year after year.
Our Childcare Supervisor has an involved role at the heart of our childcare service, supervising the provision of stimulating, entertaining and safe activities for children aged from 4 months to 12 years. You will report directly to the Childcare Manager who will work alongside you when planning childcare rotas and activities for the week.
We are looking for a well presented, dedicated, strong team member to work alongside other childcarers in the chalets and around the resort, as well as spending time liaising with parents and Ski School suppliers. Your team should look upon you as a source of information and inspiration. We provide training before the season starts on all aspects of working in a ski resort, for example, taking the children to ski school and activities to suit the mountain environment.
Childcare Supervisor Responsibilities
- Provide a Ski Famille family friendly welcome to all guests and their children on the arrival night
- Ensuring staff and children are comfortable in their routine from day one
- Offering daily detailed feedback to parents
- Acting as a positive role model to staff and children with the fun factor
- Ensuring daily clean and weekly deep clean of the playroom has been completed
- Planning childcare rotas
- Planning age appropriate activities indoors and outdoors
- Making sure children are safe and secure at all times
- Liaising with the chalet team to ensure there is sufficient food available for children’s lunch with the understanding of dietary requirements
- Providing snacks when appropriate
- Storing and compiling the relevant weekly paperwork
- Engaging with the Ski School instructors
- Setting up any pre booked childcare equipment (cots, highchairs, bed guards)
- Regular stock takes of childcare items (nappies, wipes, arts n crafts)
Requirements of the Role
- Either NVQ Level 3, NNEB, CACHE, BTEC, RGN, RSCN, or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven childcare experience and be fully qualified to work with young babies
- You must hold a valid First Aid Certificate
- Have previous team leadership experience
- Availability for the whole season (Late November 2017 until April 2018)
- UK Passport - Unfortunately, a working visa is not acceptable
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK Bank Account
You do not need to have worked in a ski resort before and language skills, whilst useful, are not required.
We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references.
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Accommodation for the duration of the season
- Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Accident and medical insurance
- Return air travel from the UK
- Comprehensive training in resort
- End of season bonus
- A fantastic opportunity & life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by clicking "Apply Now" and sending your C.V and covering letter.