Job Role Summary:
A leader, a grafter and a holiday fun maker! This sums up our Neilson Childcare Managers. They lead from the front, and never afraid to get stuck in.
The kid’s team are big, loud, proud, and one of the largest throughout our resorts, and these teams are made up of a whole host of different personalities.
As a Children’s Club Manager, you’ll need to embrace every single member of your team to ensure that they are reaching their full potential.
It’s all Go-Go-Go! The kids are full of energy, and so is our children’s club programme. Our Club Managers need to be able to think on their feet and take on whatever gets thrown their way. More often than not, this is usually, paint, chocolate or glitter!
Cool, Calm and Collected! Our Children’s clubs make our holidays extra special. The ability to be organised is key to making sure that our clubs remain at the top of their game.
Being a Children’s Club Manager is more than just a job; it’s a lifestyle. You’ll be a Superhero to the children (and their parents) with your enthusiasm, your professionalism and friendly charm.
It’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
You’ll be based in one of our beautiful European Neilson beach clubs where we operate the following different clubs:
- Starfish crèche (4-23 months)
- Sea Urchins (two and three years old)
- Sea Badgers (four and five years old)
- Surfbusters (six and seven years old)
- Sharksters (eight and nine years old)
- Stingrays (10 and 11 years old)
- Surf Squad (12 and 13 years old)
- Wave Riders (14 and 15 years old)
- TAG (16 and 17 years old)
We’re always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and always give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be professional in your appearance
- Maintaining a positive attitude and an excellent standard of customer service at all times
- Create and deliver a daytime/evening activity programme for babies and children aged from 4months – 17yrs
- Ensure that all activities are fun, engaging, and age-appropriate for each of the individual children’s clubs making the best use of the environment and equipment available
- Make sure that Health and Safety requirements are always considered
- Ensure that your team meets with parents daily and encourage open communication to discuss the individual needs of each child
- Ensure that your team organise appropriate snacks and meals for the children & teenagers
- Ensure that your team keep the crèche, clubrooms, equipment, and toys clean, well maintained, and sterilised where appropriate
- Ensure that your team take personal responsibility for the security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites
- To practically help coordinate the set up of the crèche, activity rooms and hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- Train, motivate and appraise the children’s club team to ensure the highest levels of service, and coordinate and deliver a training programme assuming responsibility for the development of the children’s club team
- Develop positive working relationships with all departments
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and positively interact with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible working with other age groups in low season
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager
Qualifications and Experience required:
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace (A Paediatric First Aid course would be preferable; however, this is not essential)
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with children in an active environment
- Experience running an extensive children’s club programme and managing a team
- Previous responsibility for safety standards
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and age-appropriate children’s club activities
- Skilled at creating and organising a multifaceted children’s club activity programme
- Extensive knowledge of the current Neilson children’s club programme
- In-depth understanding of current child protection policies
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to lead, motivate, train a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance