THE BUSHCRAFT COMPANY
We believe in real outdoor adventures. Our aim is not simply to give students a taste of adventure but to inspire a lifetime of adventure. We want to open their eyes to everything the natural world has to offer and give them the confidence and skills to explore it.
We offer 24 hour to 5-day residentials, leavers camps, enrichment week programmes and activity weekends for students aged 7 to 18, across 10 woodland centres around the UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for enthusiastic, innovative and hard-working individuals to join the Operations Team on a full-time basis and take ownership of our woodland centres. The role of Estate Manager is crucial in bringing our adventures to life and ensuring that as a company, we fulfil our aim to provide children with; long lasting and happy memories, new skills, resilience, an understanding of the wider world and a sense of achievement, all through the medium of Bushcraft at our unique woodland centres.
The Estate Manager role will be varied and requires meticulous planning, management and the ability to work within multi-functional teams. Although the core delivery season is between May and October, the time spent reviewing, planning and implementing throughout the rest of the year, is crucial to achieve an exceptional real outdoor experience for each visiting group. You will be responsible for the training and development of a diverse staff team, leading them to deliver an exceptional experience. In addition, you will oversee adherence to health and safety management systems, and the upkeep of estate grounds, facilities, and maintenance. Furthermore, you will manage the delivery of daily operations at the estate.
Example duties include:
- Ensure the welfare of students and staff at all times
- Improve the bushcraft experience at our woodland centre
- Develop core aspects of the product structure such as food, activities, facilities
- Remain ahead of the market and provide the best experience for our staff and customers
- Cooperate and liaise with the Operations Team
- Build and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the customer services and sales team to provide relevant and up to date information in the early stages of the sale and customers journey
- Work alongside the recruitment team to identify target markets, manage outreach programmes and training events to recruit and retain the very best people
- Provide an exciting environment for people to grow and develop in the outdoor industry
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- At least 1 years proven experience of working in the outdoor environment, preferably whilst managing an educational product in a residential setting
- Experience working with The British Activity Providers Association (BAPA)
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-functional team
- Ability to plan, manage, monitor and operate a variety of simultaneous projects
- A basic understanding of IT systems (MS Office)
- The ability to manage, develop and mentor junior staff
- Excellent customer skills
- A driver with a full clean UK driving license
- Experience of operating all-terrain vehicles and pulling trailers is desirable
- A passion and enthusiasm to help the company achieve its core customer objectives
- Archery GB Leader
- First Aid at Work
- Free accommodation provided
- Free parking
- Access to company vehicle
- Opportunity to gain further outdoors qualifications
If this sounds like it’s for you, then Apply Now via our website! We look forward to receiving your application!
The Bushcraft Company is committed to safe practice in recruitment and selection that includes consideration of issues regarding child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS check if they are not already on the DBS Update Service and supply us with references.
At The Bushcraft Company we strongly believe in respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves.