HOSPITALITY GENERAL + KIDS CLUB REP
Snowcoach is an independent family run company operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and our staff!
We are looking for candidates with a wide breadth of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont-Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, bar + lounge, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
Working overseas for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to experience working abroad without having to fund yourself and you get paid in the process!
A Hospitality General/Kids Rep assists in the day to day tasks of running our club hotels. From housekeeping and customer service to restaurant duties, this is a hands on, all-rounder position. Duties will also include:
- To provide a safe, clean, stimulating and caring environment for our younger clients aged 3 to 11 years during the day. (At Hotel Terminus Kid’s Club only runs from 16.00 – 18.00 during school holidays.)
- Organise suitable indoor activities.
- Organise suitable outdoor activities when possible.
- If applicable, kit up the children and take/collect from ski school.
- Keeping the games room clean and tidy at all times.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Occasional evening supervision of the games room.
The anticipated weeks for children’s club duties are Christmas, New Year, two weeks in February and two weeks at Easter. When not on children’s club duties you will assume the duties of a Hospitality General - these will include:
- Customer service – welcoming and making clients feel at home. You must be happy to engage and converse with all ages.
- Strong focus on housekeeping with deep cleaning & linen change of clients’ en-suite bedrooms plus general cleaning of hotel public areas including. toilets, lounge, bar, dining room etc.
- Dining service – setting up restaurant for buffet breakfast, afternoon tea/cakes and evening meal, serving food to/from tables.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Work well within the team to cover days off and support all hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for:
- A UK/EU passport holder.
- A good standard of general education.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Experience and affinity with children or relevant qualifications in childcare.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Previous hospitality or catering experience would be an advantage.
- Full clean driving licence would be useful and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions advantageous.
- A working knowledge of French desirable.
In addition to working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent meals and accommodation
- Travel to/from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!