For over 40 years Bell has offered a range of outstanding Young Learner Programmes to overseas students aged 7–17. These unparalleled courses combine academic excellence with an exciting cultural and social programme and provide students with a unique experience and exceptional care.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible Houseparents for our Young Learner Courses running at four UK independent schools between June and August. Houseparents are responsible for the pastoral care of students. Duties will involve student supervision, leading daily meetings, house checks, managing pocket money as well as participating in activities and excursions with the students.
With courses tailored for both junior (7-11) and teenage students (12-17), we welcome applications from Houseparents with a range of skills, interests and experience.
- Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Bloxham School, Oxfordshire
- The Leys, Cambridge
- Wellington College, Berkshire
Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Counselling skills
- Previous experience working with children/teenagers
- Good team player
- Proficiency in time management
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Previous residential experience
- Experience working in a pastoral setting
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary from £363 (dependant on experience) per week plus from £43.81 per week statutory annual leave payment
- Free accommodation and meals
- Paid training weekend on 25th& 26thMay 2019
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment:
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- Completion of a DBS application is condition of employment
- We do not accept DBS checks undertaken by other organisations
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment