Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
A Family holiday is always a special time, and we want to ensure that our youngest guests to have an amazing, action-packed adventure with Neilson Active Holidays.
We are looking for level 3 qualified practitioners or individuals with a fantastic level of experience working with children of all ages to join our excellent winter children's club team.
You will be based at one of our beautiful Neilson Mountain collection hotels within our winter programme where we operate our three different clubs;
- The Snow Angels Club (aged 4 - 23 months)
- The Snowman Club (aged 2 - 4 years)
- The Snowbusters (aged 5 - 12 years)
You will be involved in organising and supervising an exciting, safe, fun and varied timetable of activities, both inside and out in the snow during the day. Neilson also offers a babysitting service on certain nights of the week.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Create and deliver a daytime/evening activity programme for babies and children aged from 4months - 12yrs
- Ensure all activities are fun, engaging, and age-appropriate for each of the individual children’s club
- Make the best use of the environment and equipment available
- Create a child-friendly environment that considers all Health and Safety requirements
- Meet with parents daily and encourage an open line of communication to discuss the individual needs of each child
- Organise appropriate snacks and meals for the children
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Keep the crèche, clubrooms, equipment, and toys clean, well maintained, and sterilised where appropriate
- Take personal responsibility for the security of all Neilson equipment and the appearance of our clubs
- Work as part of a team to set up and pack down the daily children’s club programme
- Assist the resort set up and close down at the start and end of the season
- Help to organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with our guests at all times
- Be understanding of the fact that it might be necessary for you to move between different resorts due to the operational needs of the business and/or to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager and according to training you have been given
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Level 3 Childcare qualification
- First Aid certificate valid for the duration of the contract
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Experience of working with babies and children
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and valuable children’s club programmes
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to use your initiative and to follow verbal and written instructions
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance