Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
There’s no doubt that this is a full-on role and you’ll need tonnes of energy, but if you’re up for it, you’ll enjoy an incredible summer in the sunshine ensuring that all of our younger guests have the best holiday ever!
We’re looking for individuals who love working with kids of all ages and feel that they can bring some additional magic to our Kid’s Team.
Ideally, we’re looking for full season staff (usually from April through to November). We’ll consider candidates with shorter dates of availability, but operationally those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Until the busier times, you’ll primarily be working with the main Children’s Club Team; however, as the older kids roll into resort, you’ll be setting up and take charge of an awesome programme of activities to ensure that our teenage guests have the best holiday ever!
You’ll be involved in organising and supervising a safe, fun and varied timetable of activities, both inside and out.
Neilson offer the following different clubs:
- Starfish crèche (4-23 months)
- Sea Urchins (two and three years old)
- Sea Badgers (four and five years old)
- Surfbusters (six and seven years old)
- Sharksters (eight and nine years old)
- Stingrays (10 and 11 years old)
- Surf Squad (12 and 13 years old)
- Wave Riders (14 and 15 years old)
- TAG (16 and 17 years old)
Although your skill-set is essential, with Neilson Active Holidays, it’s also about personality. We’re always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our brilliant team.
People who can build rapport with ease and provide our guests with confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is delivered by people who care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be professional in your appearance
- To maintain a positive attitude and an excellent standard of customer service at all times
- The ability to create and deliver an exciting programme of daytime and evening activities suitable for the children and teenagers staying with us
- To ensure that all the activities are fun, engaging and age-appropriate for each of the individual clubs while making the best use of the environment and equipment available
- To help and assist with the training of fellow employees who may have less experience working with teenagers
- To escalate any areas of concern with regard to behaviour issues or mental health concerns to your line manager
- To ensure that Health & Safety requirements are always considered
- To actively engage with parents, encourage open communication and to keep them up to date with what their teenagers/children are doing each day
- To organise appropriate snacks and meals for your children/teenagers while in your care
- To ensure the crèche, clubrooms, equipment and toys are always clean, well maintained and sterilised where applicable
- To take personal responsibility for the security of Neilson equipment and pride in the appearance of our Neilson sites
- To work as part of the team setting up and packing up the children’s club programme on a daily basis.
- To assist with the wider team setting up the resort for the start and then packing down at the end of the season
- To help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact positively with our guests at all times
- To be prepared and willing to move between different resorts if required according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be willing and flexible working with all age groups and younger children
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason, as requested by your manager
Qualifications and Experience required:
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace (A Paediatric First Aid course would be preferable; however, this is not essential)
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working with teenagers
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and valuable children’s club programmes
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures
- To be a strong swimmer
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, the management team and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work using your own initiative and to follow verbal/written instructions
- Ability to handle sensitive information/situations and to escalate appropriately
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Confident communicator
* For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.