Are you passionate about working with children?
Would you like to work abroad?
Do you have a qualification in childcare and lots of experience in a management role?
If so then Worldwide Kids have a fantastic opportunity for you!
Worldwide Kids is a professional childcare training and consultancy company.
As a member of the WK childcare team you will be working in one of our stunning, luxury resorts as part of a large international team as the majority of the guests are from the United Kingdom, Greece, Germany, Russia and France.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and outgoing people to lead a childcare team at one of our luxury resorts. You will be working closely with the childcare supervisors to manage a team of international staff and run a crèche (4 months to 47 months) and kids club (4 to 12 years.) The candidate will be leading the team and overall responsable for childcare operations.
The role will ideally suit someone with strong experience in management and dealing with large groups of children as this is a large operation. The candidate will need to be dynamic and creative and lead by example with a very hands on approach. The candidate must be flexible, approachable and professional as they will be responsible for the day to day running of the club. The candidate will need to be IT literate as they will have charge of the club administration and paperwork. The candidate will plan and lead daily team meetings and weekly resort meetings with the mini club staff. The candidate will need to have excellent communication skills as they will be dealing with the hotel managers and also with the London Office team.
- Ensure the smooth running of the childcare setting
- Day to day administration in the childcare setting
- To respond in the first instance to incoming enquiries via the resort in a professional and timely manner
- To meet with all relevant heads of departments within the hotel/resort on a regular basis to update them on our services and coordinate joint activities
- Liaise directly with parents of the children who will be attending the clubs both prior to their arrival on site and once at the hotel to ensure a smooth transition to the clubs
- To be the visible face of WK within the hotel and resort
- Assist with the training and development of both WK and locally recruited staff within the clubs
- Ensure all on site health and safety policies, procedures and risk assessments are in place, operational and updated as necessary
- Assist in day to day operations of the kids club
- Liaise with the hotel manager on a weekly basis to update them on the setting
- Report on a formal basis once a week in the managers meeting, hotel directorship and WK operations team
- Coordinate client contact details including information of children’s allergies and preferences, create and maintain databases
- Plan and deliver all activities and entertainment programmes and be pro active and imaginative with ideas for special promotions
- Assist the WK operations in maintaining staff databases and correspondence
- Manage the staff rotas, hours and holiday entitlements
- Control the stocks of art materials and consumable equipment
- Liaise with on site cleaning teams to ensure the cleanliness of the mini club, report any discrepancies to the hotel key contact
- Deliver training and development as requested
- Attend suitable training courses in order to maintain and develop skills
- Mangerial experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
- Experience of working with large groups of children
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- IT skills in word and excel
- Marketing and PR skills
- NVQ Level 3 qualified
- Greek, German and Russian language skills
- Animation experience
- Competitive salary
- Return flights to and from resort
- Insurance (includng medical)
- Fantastic bonus scheme
- 3 meals a day free of charge 7 days a week
- Pre season training
- First aid training including certification valid for two years