This project is aimed at hard-working volunteers keen to make a real difference to the lives of children living on the streets of India. You will head to Delhi and join a charity that works with street children.
The project is located in Delhi, India’s capital. Delhi is a popular tourist location as there is so much to see. However, there are areas of extreme poverty in Delhi and this project allows volunteers to work with a fantastic street children charity, who aims to provide areas where these children can be safe and learn.
Working with street children
Many children in Delhi live on very little and come from poor families, or have no family at all and are at risk of exploitation. Volunteers will work with the street children charity, to give these children the opportunity to play and learn in a safe environment. The charity has opened hubs across the city for street children up to the age of 18. There are 8 centres across the city based in the Old Delhi and Okhla districts. Each centre is no further than 30 minute commute from the volunteer accommodation. Each day you will work with children, playing games and helping them learn English. The children love to meet volunteers from around the world.
With so much to see it is no wonder many travellers return to Delhi, its an amazing city. Working in the centres will give you a unique insight into all the city has to offer. You will have plenty free time at weekends to travel and see the sights. You can even visit the Taj Mahal which is a 3 hour drive away.
- Accommodation will be shared with other volunteers.
- Accommodation is in South Delhi, close to local night markets, shops and restaurants.
- Each apartment has WiFi, Air Con, safe filtered water and communal areas.
- Breakfast and dinner are freshly prepared 6 days a week in your apartment.
- The food is authentic and delicious. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby if you wish to venture out.