Ski School Helper
We are now able to recruit British Citizens!
There has never been a better time to experience a winter season in the Alps. Pay levels have increased and working hours reduced so you will have every opportunity to make the most of the snow with new friends as you join one of the best - and best looked after - season teams in the Alps.
Family Ski Company specialises in providing catered chalet holidays with a flexible programme of childcare. This is particularly the case in the morning ski lessons where Ski School Helpers work directly alongside the ‘Ecole du Ski Francais’, based at the Ski School in the morning to help and encourage the younger children to get the most out of skiing.
The Ski School Helper:
- Is a friendly face each morning
- Encourages the youngest and least able children skiing
- Is based in the beginner’s ‘ski garden’ area
- Coordinates children’s ski lessons with the Ski School
- Provides feedback and advice to parents skiing with children
- Hosts the ski presentation on Friday
- Meets and greets all guests at the airport.
- Ensures guests have comfortable and enjoyable transfers in and out of resort.
Who do we look for?
We seek out experienced skiers who are approachable, energetic and enthusiastic and who have worked extensively with children in an outdoor environment. You will be an outgoing personality who can work independently and with diplomacy to manage all elements of Family Ski Company’s involvement within the ‘Ecole du Ski Francais’.
Requirements and Preferences
Experience of employment in high quality Childcare settings are essential and experience in a hospitality setting and a confident working knowledge of the French language is preferred.
Formal childcare qualifications or activity leading qualifications are also desirable.
It is required that you hold a UK National Insurance number, UK bank account, and an UK passport.
Due to the nature of our business all employees must hold a recent DBS enhanced disclosure and certificate – we can assist with this process.
*Disclosure and Barring Service
We provide a full training and setup period as well as first aid training and level 2 hygiene to every member of our team.
Family Ski Company provide their resort teams with an excellent employment package.
- A full season lift pass
- Insurance that covers skiing accidents and emergency medical cover
- Ski equipment for the full season
- Accommodation (We have double rooms for couples)
- One and a half days off per week (this is more than the standard single day most companies offer as well as staggered shifts allowing for skiing around work duties)
We have an excellent reputation in the industry for treating our teams very well and with great respect
Please note this is currently open to applicants with the right to work in the EU. (A UK passport is no longer valid)