With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
The Peligoni Bars
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club: dispensing drinks for our restaurants during breakfast, lunch and dinner service as well as entertaining guests into the small hours.
Breakfast is served in the bar area overlooking the calm waters and early morning water skiers with talented baristas producing delicious hot coffees, smoothies and freshly squeezed juices. Lunch service is particularly busy with up to 300 guests dining each day during peak season and we regularly host up to 130 guests for dinner. With three separate restaurants for our guests to choose from, The Driftwood Bar provides a dispense bar for two of them as well as hosting evening events including our very own Peli Pub Quiz.
In addition to The Driftwood Bar, our bar team also look after The Courtyard. This is a beautiful space surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves. By day, The Courtyard serves up delicious BBQ dishes cooked over an open fire accompanied by plenty of Peli rosé. By night, it makes the perfect events space: cocktail receptions, party night dinners, wedding breakfasts, Guest Chef feasts and family festival nights. Open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls once a week where kids run around and make new friends and everyone enjoys a laid back evening of live music and tasty street food. With something different happening every evening, there’s never a dull moment.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic and versatile team of bar staff, capable of making a perfect cup of coffee, building a delicious cocktail, recommending a unique wine from our cellar and most importantly a team who enjoy talking to our guests and can provide them with a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere.
From bustling lunch services to sophisticated dinner parties, chilled tapas nights to fast paced party night fun our bar staff are talented, enthusiastic party starters who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique; we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
Supervisory positions are also available for those with the necessary drive and experience.
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Provide table service at the appropriate times
- Preparation of drinks, including cocktails, coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Restock and replenish bar supplies
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Provide support to the restaurant team during meal service
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Be highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Have a strong sense of team spirit
- A minimum of 1 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits, cocktails and coffees
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous experience working in a coffee bar is desirable
- Previous cash handling experience
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September) or peak season (July & August)
- EU Passport Holder