The Peligoni Club is a family-run beach club in Greece. It’s a members-only retreat for a fun-loving bohemian crowd who want delicious food, creative cocktails, friendly staff and sumptuous settings, but without all the fuss that usually comes with high-end hotels.
We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to support both our UK & Greek Finance teams whilst being based at the club. This role will appeal to a strong, self-motivated, independent all-rounder with impeccable attention to detail and an interest in finance and operations.
Accounts at Peligoni
Most guests arrive on a Saturday or Sunday and they all have accounts set up for them to use during their stay. Throughout their stay, all food, drink and other services are billed to their account which is then settled before their departure. It is the responsibility of the accounts manager to set up these accounts and ensure that all bills are correct and settled each week and any queries guests may have are handled effectively and efficiently. Regular spot-checks will be required to ensure that the relevant departments are billing services correctly and any discrepancies investigated and resolved swiftly.
The accounts manager will also be required to produce regular detailed sales reports and calculate commissions. The role also involves daily cash reconciliation, managing petty cash and ensuring our EPOS systems are maintained with changes and updates actioned in the correct manner.
In addition to this, you will also be assisting with the management of stock. This will involve inputting details of deliveries into our stock system and completing weekly inventories.
Who we are looking for
With so much happening in the club on a daily basis and up to 350 guests per week during peak season, this is a demanding role that requires excellent attention to detail and a commitment to getting it right. It is also an extremely rewarding role for someone who thrives when given responsibility and gains satisfaction from a job well done.
This is the ideal position for someone who has recently embarked on a career in accounts or administration and is looking to gain some valuable experience in beautiful surroundings.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Create, manage and reconcile guest accounts
- Process payments
- Ensure EPOS and Fiscal systems are running correctly
- Ensure that all services are billed correctly
- Ensure that all staff accounts are monitored and settled on a regular basis
- Respond and deal with any guest queries effectively
- Manage and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Manage, record and reconcile local transactions
- Produce regular detailed reporting
- Calculate any applicable commissions
- Responsible for monies in resort, ensuring all are accounted for
- Work within established guidelines and operating procedures
- Effective communication with General Management team and UK & Greek Finance Teams
- General administrative duties
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independantly as wel as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Highly organised and able to meet deadlines
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Previous experience of working in an accounts support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Previous experience of EPOS systems, including backend functionality
- Hospitality experience is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- EU Passport Holder