Ski Instructor Internship - Switzerland 2022/2023
6 or 10 week BASI Level 1 and 2 Ski Instructor Course + Guaranteed Job*
Improve your skiing whilst gaining instructor qualifications with our immersive 10 week BASI 1 & 2 course in Zermatt, with the opportunity to put your new qualifications in to practice and work as an instructor once your course is completed. You will be surrounded by other like-minded people living and working in Zermatt.
Our 10-week BASI 1 and 2 ski instructor course is ideal for those looking for a way to spend a season training and living in the Swiss Alps. Whether you are on a career break, looking to improve your skiing or thinking about ski instructor as a new career, we can help you achieve your goals.
On successful completion of your exams, you will have the opportunity to work within a school to put your new qualifications to use. Because this is an internship opportunity with a potential job offer upon succesful completion of your exams, you will be interviewed during the application process to make sure you are the right candidate for this program. There is also the option to book the training-only package if you do not wish to teach skiing after the 10 week course.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Are at least an intermediate skier, comfortable skiing on red and black runs
- Are passionate about skiing
- Are open to learning and developing
- Want to live in a mountain resort
- Will be 18 years of age
- Are looking for a life changing experience
Included in the course:
- Up to 300 hours of on-snow coaching
- Zermatt Lift pass for the season
- Coaching from BASI Trainers and Fully Certified Instructors
- Apartment accommodation for the duration of the course with the option to extend until the end of the winter.
- Weekly social events
- Off-piste training with Mountain Guide
- Off-snow theory sessions and video analysis
- Race Training in GS Gates
- Avalanche and Mountain Safety Training
- Training day with a Freestyle Coach
- Weekly Personal Fitness training
- Weekly German Lessons (A1 or A2)
- Ski service facilities and training sessions
- Two day First Aid Course
- BASI membership and resources
- BASI Level 1 and Level 2 Exams
- BASI Child Protection Module
- Ski School Shadowing and Snowsports School Experience
- CV advice
- Career and Recruitment advice pre- and during the course
- Mentoring from Experienced Male and Female Instructors
- Discounts on ski equipment and ski servicing
You will be provided with the opportunity to interview to teach for Connect Snowsports Ski and Snowboard School, subject to interview, successful completion of the course and work permit.
Teaching will begin in February half term and end after the Easter holidays. Teaching can range from between 4 – 10 weeks of work, depending on your schedule and ski school requirements.
By joining the team here in Zermatt you are able to teach, train and take exams all in the same resort. You are able to work as you train, gaining the valuable experience required to help mould you into a well-rounded, successful ski instructor.
You will be mentored through your own individual development and action plan. In addition to this, you will be surrounded by professional instructor who are pushing each other on and encouraging each other, many of whom have recently been through the BASI exams.
*Subject to successful interview and Level 2 Exam
Get in touch now to secure one of the last remaining spaces on this course!