FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australia May/June 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
florafen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote florafen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australia May/June 2011
    Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:46
hi niall99,
found your inquiry while looking for work for my son.
you are probably here now.....we used to have WOOFERS, willing workers on organic farms.
have a look at the website. there are lisitings of farms around australia, one works for food and accommodation.
spring, august, sept then through to nov there could be work on sheep propertiesdoing stock work eg. lamb marking, drenching and shearing.....rousabouting/board work or the sheep yard work ! a long day on your feet, hard work but satisfying. 
you may need to contact a stock agent, shearing contractor......but for shearing you would need to commit for a few weeks as part of the 'team' for the duration of the 'shed'; meaning for the length of the shearing till all the sheep are shorn.
have a go at the woofer system, you may well get a start and practice your shed skills.....maybe even learn to shear!....and not cut the sheep!!!!!
and then there is the snow season coming up.....NSW alps and Victorian Alps with the usual array of resort jobs.
Good luck with it all.
enjoy the landscape, the colours, the light.

Niall99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niall99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 00:24
Hi i am heading to oz in may/june i am wondering if any is doing the same and if anybody has worked on a farm in australia that could have any tips for me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic