FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fancy trying a Back-country course instead?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rideonwhistler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rideonwhistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fancy trying a Back-country course instead?
    Posted: 20 July 2011 at 00:22
Hi Jess,

If you can ride red runs after 4-weeks you're probably a pretty good learner - if you arrive in Whistler in November and get a few weeks practice in you should be fine to take a course like ours. We like people to be able to ski/board down any blue run (we don't have reds in Canada) and be pretty confident at trying black runs... which you should be after a few weeks here!

Also I would love to run a girl specific course, so the more girls sign up the better!

Send me an email if you want any more info :D
Jess1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 19:52
How good do I have to be? I'm coming to Whistler for a season but I've only done 4-weeks boarding so far. I'm OK, like I can ride red runs, but I'm not a shredding machine (yet!)...
rideonwhistler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rideonwhistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 23:38
If you're interested in taking a course in Whistler we just launched our Intro to Back-country course. It's great value for money & will take your skiing/snowboarding skills to the next level!

The basic idea is to give you all the knowledge you need to become a competent back-country skier/snowboarder: we teach you avalanche awareness & rescue techniques, navigation & terrain analysis, first aid, trip planning & how to survive a night in the snow. And the best part is that you spend 4 days out in Whistler Blackcomb's back-country shredding the pow with an ACMG certified guide!

It's a good alternative to an instructor course for someone who wants a life-long skill :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic