FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ONE STOP ENTERTAINMENT, Cyprus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
sian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ONE STOP ENTERTAINMENT, Cyprus
    Posted: 02 August 2006 at 22:19
hey there,
Does anyone have any ifo good or bad on the one stop entertainment ompany in Cyprus. Just been offered contract to go out there immeadiatley but it all seems a bit sudden and quesions why there are so many vacancies half way through the season??

please could you let me know asap
Sian
popidolsamantha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popidolsamantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 08:51
Hi. I did some work out there for the company a few years back and have to say that it was the best summer season of my life. They really look after you and there really is nothing to worry about. If i ddin't have so many work committments then i would def be joining you out there. You get to live like you're on holiday in the daytime and meet friends for life!!!! Good luck if you decide to go. Say hi to Demitris and Sandy for me. xx
cleo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 19:24
How did you go about getting that job?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popidolsamantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 13:32
If you look on their website, then it gives you contact details. The season is almost over now, but if you contact them, then you'll probably be invited to audition for them over the winter.
marie84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 18:41
popidolsamantha - was Demitris in rockafella pub? i'd love to go work in cyprus next year, i love it over there!!!
jen:) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 18:44
has anyone got any info for working the summer in playa las americas Tenerife? how do i sort it out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popidolsamantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 11:13
I'm not sure which venues Dimitris has on his books this season but if you contact the agency, then you could probably get an audition when he comes over to england.
marie84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 17:59
what kind of work did you do out there?
nelita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nelita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 09:43
I was working over there all summer and it was great...I met so many new people...great job and i had great boss, i really had fun all summer! I will miss it a lot
NapaRep2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NapaRep2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 00:38
Originally posted by sian sian wrote:

hey there,
Does anyone have any ifo good or bad on the one stop entertainment ompany in Cyprus. Just been offered contract to go out there immeadiatley but it all seems a bit sudden and quesions why there are so many vacancies half way through the season??

please could you let me know asap
Sian

Did u end up going and working for one stop this summer, i worked in ayia napa this summer for demetris in a place called macronissos village, chrissie was our supervisor. Get bk to me if u went to cyprus this summer.
mich-06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mich-06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 14:31
hey, how do you hear about these companies?

any help would be great ful :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NapaRep2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 01:37
Well i actually found out about the One Stop Entertainment Agency through going on holidays to cyprus in april, I ended up returning back home from my holidays and i moved out there to work for the company within 2wks of being home.
It was the best summer i've ever had like, i worked in one of the biggest holiday villages in ayia napa called Macronissos Village. Obviously it is better if you work for the big tour operators such as thomsons and first choice, and if u work for these companies u do get alot more money.
But working for One Stop, everything is also paid for, and even tho the money isnt alot, it still lasts you the whole month, as you recieve free entry into clubs, and u get workers prices which are standard 1 per drink.So its not that bad. I'm actually going out to cyprus to work for one stop again next season as the Entertainments Manager for the Ayia Napa area, So if u apply for the job, I will be at the auditions in february interviewing you. You need to go on the website and fill out the application form and then they will get back to you.if u need more information add me on Danny_D2003@msn.com
mich-06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mich-06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 17:52
whats the website for this then?
dragonfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 09:53
So NapaRep I went to Macronissos near the end of the season and saw a hypnotist show, I had quite a long chat with him, he said there was a welsh lad who had gone back a little bit before with a really good voice named Danny was that you? Must add it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen, he got rid of my fear of flying too.

It was a big complex just outside Ayia Napa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NapaRep2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 16:48
Yeh i did work there and yes My name is Danny. Aww i miss alex. His show used to be my favourite and i never got bored of watching it week after week, i think i must have seen it about 20 times. But with the input of the guests aswell it was brilliant. How did he come about mentioning my name then? I worked at macronissos from May - September, i left at the end of sept due to problems with the manager.
I suppose you had Leighton as your entertainer then. Oh i bet you had loads of fun with him "Not". His entertainment skills are terrible. He hasnt got a clue.
Bubbles69a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbles69a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 15:01
HIYA, I HAVE BEEN TO CYPRUS FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS AND I LOVE IT! i AM GOING OUT THERE NEXT YEAR BUT I WANT TO STAY THE SUMMER I AM JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW DO I FIND A JOB??????
lOVE sTEFF XXXXXX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popidolsamantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 13:00
Hi Steff. If you look on the One stop entertainment website then you can find out more info. They usually hold auditions and interviews for jobs this time of year. Good luck!!! xx
danciegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danciegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 00:08
Hi there, I worked for one stop three seasons ago. I had a lot of fun BUT be careful. I was the only 1 out of 35 people on my training course to finish the season. If you work as a karaoke compere or live act they are ok but if you are an animator/ entertainer you can be sacked for nothing, told to leave your accomodation with no warning, and I also had a friend who lost HUNDREDS of pounds as the hotel she worked for went bankrupt. Look after yourself and don't be naive, enjoy it for what it is and don't expect too much. And get decent insurance- you'll need it as you will not be covered properly out there. Also, don't expect the hotel managers to be anything but horrible then you won't be dissapointed!
mich-06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mich-06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 12:01
lol well that sounds intriguin to read.. :O

iv only been told positive feed back from one stop.. but proves every company cant be perfect lol.
danciegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danciegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 13:49
Like I said, i had a great time but I know a lot of people hated working for them and to be honest the only reason i stayed was because of my friends and I was lucky enough to have a nice manager in my second hotel. Anyone that wants to do this kind of ents work is better off going through a reputable tour operator. The wages and conditions are much better. I made the mistake of doing another season with another company like it last summer and I'm still waiting to get paid!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic