FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ONE STOP ENTERTAINMENT, Cyprus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
billybob123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 12:40
Well said, CottonCandy.

Delusional is the word that comes to my mind.

Enjoy the cats, the rats & the luxurious cars.

What a life.
Danny Daniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 12:58
Billybob, butterflies and Cotton candy,

Remind me again the last time u worked for ONESTOP ENTERTAINMENT?

Now I realised u didn't work for ONESTOP ENTERTAINMENT, at least not yet.
But if u did pls let me hv ur information so I can find out from the office what went wrong with u guys.

Cos I saw so many people with mental illnesses and depression problems who were sent back home. Am sure u all must be suffering from the same problems.

If that's the case then I can't keep exchanging words with people with mental diseases.

If u hv this attitude of lies telling,self hate and anger,then am sure I now know why u didn't make it in Cyprus.

Don't blame the agency for ur MENTAL ILLNESS

GET MEDICAL HELP and live happily. Bc the agency is not a psychiatric institute for people like u to be dumped by ur families.

ONESTOP ENTERTAINMENT is the BIGGEST and the BEST AGENCY IN CYPRUS
                          TRUTH BE TOLD

U WANT TO KNOW WHY? I'LL HINT U,

- Highest worker wages all over Europe plus benefits
- Grooms singers and entertainers to become the best even after leaving
Cyprus
- workers are insured,
- free drinks and food in all venues where workers work daily
Etc just to name a few.

After ur left if at all u guys did work for the company, hundreds of talented people worked for ONESTOP and will still return in 2019 and many more seasons to come

Edited by Danny Daniel - 14 November 2018 at 12:58
Butterflies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterflies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 13:06
Are you seriously trying to defend your company by attempting to make your victims believe that they are mentally unwell?

You better be very careful because you're digging yourself into a bigger hole every single time you reply with your obscene and threatening comments!

Customers complain. In this case, we are the client. You are trying to defend a company.

Replying and mocking someones mental health and bringing Jesus as an example is just making yourself look worse and worse.

Am actually in hysterics laughing here because you just are putting yourself out there with each reply. You look like an asshole and are making matters even worse by your unprofessional standard!

Again, we were the client to an agency. We are in the complaining position. Replying with moaning and mocking peoples mental health.

Bad move!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 13:13
Wow...

Meantal health issues.

Ladies & gents, these are the type of people that work for One Stop. People who can’t argue a valid point so they stoop so low they tell you that you’ve got mental health issues.

You really think I’d give my information to someone who’s assumed I have mental health issues?

Now I know why you work for One Stop, because you don’t need a CV. All you need is a criminal record. Which judging by your choice of words, you’ve probably got.

“To be dumped by ur families”...

You seem a little insecure, Danny. And you’ve proven me right. Everything that I said about it being one big f**ked up family, thanks for the confirmation.

You belong at One Stop. Disgrace.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterflies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 13:36
I am clearly not the delusional one.

Only 2 people complaining.

Even back at the start of this thread, a girl said that many people she knew "hated working for them"

They clearly cannot all be "mentally ill"

And the more you try to make people with genuine complaints out to be mentally ill, the worse your company looks.

From the beginning, if taken as constructive criticism and if you took responibility for your actions then maybe your company could grow and improve.

The self righteous crap is just making you worse each time!

Many hotel customers and previous staff complaining on various websites I've seen.

Again, we're not all mentally ill. Nor are we all wrong. Nor are we all wasting time by saying "lies" about a company.

Clearly we have our reasons.
Brookezara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brookezara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 14:37
Billybob123

“Not to speak on welshaxvi’s behalf “
Well it’s too late for that because you’ve just replied to my statement that wasn’t directed to you , if I wanted to talk to you I would have replied to you. But since you’ve rudely got yourself involved in my conversation I’ll reply to you billybob123

“Nobody expects slippers and a hot tub on arrival “
So what was you expecting ?
Because you get your apartment paid for , you get your transport paid for, you have a bed you have a fridge you have a bath and a shower!
And as for the rats? 🐀 I don’t believe this but even if it was true that isn’t anybody else’s fault apart from your own rats don’t come around cleanliness so if you buy yourself a mop and a sweeping brush and abit of detol and cleaned up from time to time instead of actually moaning about the company you might not get rats (that’s if you’ve even had any)

And as for the bins are onestop now working for the council ? Has dimitri demoted him self to a bin man ? I think not.
And if your car broke down so many times in 1 week why did you keep driving it why not take it back and say your not driving it ! What are you actually getting out of all of this ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 15:18
Haha... It’s an open forum and I’m well within my right to reply to you.

I was expecting a basic apartment like I was told from the agency. Basic isn’t inclusive of grime, rats & dangerous electrical wires. Cats eating out of bins on Sunny Coast property that are constantly over filled and making a mess is not basic. It’s disgusting.

Well quite obviously you wouldn’t believe me about the rats. And even if you did, then yes... OBVIOUSLY, it’s my fault because I don’t clean up. Do you not see how all you’re doing is passing the blame to anybody barre One Stop? And if you’re not passing the blame, then it didn’t happen and you don’t believe the facts that I’ve given you.

How can you argue against -

Employing drug takers & alcoholics
Giving cars to alcoholics who don’t own a license
Providing cars with no seat belts that aren’t road worthy in the slightest
Re-employing people who’ve written off cars from drink driving
Providing accommodation that has no outdoor lighting, dangerous electrics & rats. (Don’t believe that though!)
Checking a list at 7pm when you could be working at 8
Constantly waiting to speak to the boss yet he’ll rock up an hour late when he’s finished his cigar
Bringing people out to Cyprus to let them know they can’t get them any work so they become an animator or have to fly them home

My transport was paid for, similarly my transport could’ve killed me. Don’t believe that! I took the car back many times but it was either replaced with one just as bad or they told me that they don’t have any left. Don’t believe that!

A chap on here has compared everybody who’s written a bad review with having mental health issues. You don’t believe anything that’s been said. Fedia has said we’ve all “flopped” and we’re basically not good enough. There’s a bit of a pattern here. You’re very in denial.

KelseyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelseyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 16:04
Okay... After reading a few of the recent posts on the forum there are some things that I would like to clarify.
First of all, I would like to say that I have personally lived and worked in Cyprus for over thirteen years, and have worked for One Stop for the past three seasons.
Prior to One Stop, I have worked for other entertainment agencies in Cyprus, as well as many other jobs in the hospitality industry around the island.
If One Stop was such a ‘terrible’ company, why would I choose to work for them at all, and be more than happy to return season after season?
Secondly- I cannot personally comment on the accommodation as I have my own apartment, nor can I comment on the cars as I also have my own- but I have stayed in staff accommodation and it has been much worse than what some people are making out One Stop to be. Every single job on this island which includes free accommodation means basic accommodation, simple as that. If you would like to rent you’re own apartment/villa to share with your colleagues, then this is an option that you have.
Due to the fact that I have also worked in the office as well as an entertainer, I am fully aware that there are two sides to every story! We have had live singers/tribute artists advertise and promote themselves as one thing, only to arrive in Cyprus to do something completely different. For example: if you are hired as a Motown singer and advertised by the hotel/ bars as a Motown show, if you arrive and perform a 45 minute set of 70’s disco and chart hits without a Motown song in sight, then that will leave the venues unhappy!
Here is Cyprus, Demetris is your agent. He will find you venues and give you work, but if the venue does not like your show or is not up to their standard, then they will refuse to have you back! That is not One Stop’s or Demetris fault. One Stop caters to A LOT of venues on the island, but if none of them want to have you return to their venue, then that is your own fault for not doing your job as expected.
One Stop will always give you the advise and opportunity to improve upon and tweak your show so that it is more suitable to the target audience in Cyprus, however I have seen many people just throw a tantrum and **** off the company instead of looking at themselves.
Lastly- due to the fact that their is two sides to every story, I find it highly amusing that there is someone on this post determined to undermine One Stop in every way... when I saw the reality of the situation.
I personally had this person with me training as a Karaoke Compere to teach them how to use the software/equipment, and how to promote shows and advertise Karaoke to the standard which is expected.
During training, this person would drift off into fairy land whilst I was speaking to them explaining how to use equipment, would walk off halfway through my sentences, and would basically show no enthusiasm to anything that they needed to learn for the job.
I specifically remember stating the fact that if there wasn’t any singers for Karaoke, it is recommend that you sing some songs yourself to ‘get the ball rolling’. Due to the fact the bar was quiet at this point, I asked them what they would like to sing so they could practise lining up the song and doing karaoke as their job entails, to be immediately told ‘no, I’m not in the mood!’... seriously?? After a few nights training this person was adament that they knew what they was doing and didn’t need anymore help, therefore ready to work in a bar independently.
Coincidently- every bar they went into had ‘equipment problems’ (due to lack of knowledge) such as the music not working. I then found out that the music wasn’t working because the volume hadn’t been turned up.
Like I said- there’s always two sides!
I personally love working for One Stop and am looking forward to returning in 2019 :) xx
Brookezara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brookezara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 17:15
I’m saying that out of 700 employees for onestop it’s just you and the other 2 with the weird names that have had problem it’s onky use that have had rats and a car without seatbelts we had alcoholics for onestop ? Sure it’s wasn’t me ? Catch me in kahlua on a Friday 2 drinks 2 shots€5 ! Your actually boring me now we are still working for 1 stop and if I agreed I would say ! I’m not getting a bonus from this I’m just stating facts #factsarefacts
bertiebassett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertiebassett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 04:21
Well that escalated fast!!
The negative reviewers have have always posted their views in a consistent, articulate way, always keeping to the subject.
The positive reviewers however, use hostility and personal insults to silence them.

Their only way to mitigate these views is to believe/suggest that these people couldn’t make the grade!
This simply isn’t true, as stated earlier I have, and still do work in amazing locations for reputable companies, and unlike the haters I work all year round. Winter and summer contracts.

To my knowledge, none of the negative reviewers know each other, they are all posting their own experiences across the last four seasons. The haters, however are a small clique loyal to One Stop, all in it together.
Big fish in the little One Stop pond. However, surrounding yourself by people who agree with you doesn’t necessarily make you correct. As in this case, forcing your blinkered, bigoted views on people only makes you look desperate.

Similarly, claiming the moral high ground by posting your name kind of loses any impact when you won’t tell the truth afterwards.

If the people posting the positive reviews are the “One Stop success story”, then I rest my case.

Edited by bertiebassett - 17 November 2018 at 11:41

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertiebassett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 04:39
Ok Lambo 1990 you’re taking this to a whole new level, please don’t personal message me trying to find my identity.

I tested your integrity earlier on this thread and you failed at the first hurdle.

You know as well as me that Ben didn’t write the Blues Brothers car off.
Had you been honest about what happened then I would have viewed you much differently.

The reason I place such importance on this story (though I have many others) is that it shows the disrespect that the One Stop massive have to each other, the company, its property and the boss they so strongly defend.

I gave Ben the opportunity earlier to tell the whole story but he seems reluctant to accept my offer, so I’ll give the same challenge to Eddie. Go on Eddie tell us all the story how the Blues Brothers car got written off. Tell us who wrote the car off and how. Tell us what happened after the crash.

I read so many times that the cars are insured (though the office would never show me an insurance certificate), but
this car was never replaced.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertiebassett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 04:45
This is my final post, I won’t be returning to this forum. It has gone from an opportunity for people to post honest views to a lynch mob culture where anyone disagreeing with One Stop is hounded and insulted.

Some earlier posts made me laugh, as this thread unfolded they made me cringe. Now the comments horrify me.
Relishing in peoples mental illness and failure is lower than I want to be a part of. Eddie and Ben, enjoy another winter on the dole, waiting for the next “super season”.

There’s no mileage left in this conversation, believe what you want. I know these words will be in the front of your mind when you put your cases down in Sunny Coast, thinking what have I got myself into!!

Edited by bertiebassett - 17 November 2018 at 09:35

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterflies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 10:20
"Just me and two other wierd names"

There are complaints allover the internet, including this thread which are complaining about One Stop. Many were posted before I even knew One Stop existed so how someone can suggest I am one of only two people complaining is beyond me!!! There are clearly many people complaining!

And yes, it does say a lot about a company that they have to fire back with insults about peoples mental health etc. Now making up complete lies about staff and their training. People who were not fired but left the company! Clearly they know themselves that they are telling ies! This is just bullying and so so low!

Well, the truth ALWAYS comes out in the end!

It really does say a lot that the staff are reacting to customer/client complaints in the absolute most unprofessional manner. These are the people who remain loyal to One Stop and defend them, we can see why.

Our complaints are undeniable and if you disagree then it could be done in a polite and professional manner.

To summarise, you don't know our personal experience and you haven't even been able to deny that it is a fact about bins and outdoor lights etc. So why are you trying to justify it. This itself gives enough reason to complain.

Is this how a staff member reacts when serving a customer? "You don't like my company? Well if you don't then you must have mental health issues? Let me dig up your client file here and we'll tell everyone on the internet what has happened! Your complaints are not valid, its the councils fault. Our company are 100% perfect, you are completely wrong. Everything you say is untrue. Its your fault you're not satisfied with the company, you must be depressed! I'll send you a threatening pm on Facebook later!"

Like seriously, if people took it as constructive criticism from day 1 then I think there was room for the company to improve but their own staff firing back with such threatening insults just says it all!

Don't bother replying to me as I've nothing more to say!

My complaints are genuine and to make it so personal, I've lost respect for many!

Good luck to any of the good people still hanging on there. I hope you make your own agency in Cyprus instead and succeed.

Bye

Edited by Butterflies - 17 November 2018 at 10:23
Ellieholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellieholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 16:40
Hi, 
I have a video interview with a member of staff from One Stop next week about working in Cyprus starting in July. It really this bad? I don't want to take a job I think will be a great opportunity just to be sleeping with rats haha. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 17:50
Hi Ellie,

First of all, credit to you for doing the research & not just jumping in feet first to an agency you’ve not much idea about. You’ve done yourself a huge favour there - trust me!

One Stop are not a professional agency and they don’t offer great opportunities. They offer cars that are so unsafe for you to drive that there’s a strong chance you’ll either have a car accident or you’ll be pulled over by the police and potentially arrested. If you can’t drive though, don’t worry about that, One Stop will let you drive anyway! Better still, if you don’t wish to drive, they’ll have somebody pick you up! Isn’t that great? Disclaimer: - He’ll be heavily intoxicated and won’t have a license. Potentially even be banned from driving.

The apartment that they give you will be full of dirt, dangerous electrics & rats. There’s no outdoor lighting either. Fantastic if you’re playing hide & seek! Oh, and yes... There WAS a rat in my apartment. This was a result of the overflowing bins outside in the car park from the surrounding restaurants. In the UK, we call that... GRIM.

Demetris (the boss) will only be able to see you on his terms. So if you need him, make sure you arrange a meeting with him 3 weeks prior. Even then he’ll show up late. Much like your below average pay cheque.

Did you see the comment earlier on from the current One Stopper who said I must have a mental illness? Yeah... These are the type of people who work for One Stop. They’ll be lovely to your face, then **** you off no end behind your back.

You’ll have to check the window by the office to see where and what time you’re working that evening. The schedule will go up on Demetris’ terms, when he’s ready. You could potentially have to check the schedule at say 7pm, and then rush to work for 7:45. I had to do this on many occasions. That’s if there is even any work for you! One stop have previously flown people out to Cyprus with promised work, they’ve then put them on the next flight home because there is no work for them!

I’ve gone on to work for reputable agencies who actually continue to offer me great opportunities. Not one person who currently works for One Stop will believe that. But they don’t have to. That’s a standard One Stop mindset. “We’re the best, we’re like celebrities of Cyprus & if anybody is doing better than us or working for an agency that isn’t One Stop, rip into them and don’t believe a word they’re saying.”

If you’re keen to know any more, please don’t hesitate to ask. But don’t waste 6 months working for this shambles of an agency. Get online and seek someone who’s going to treat and pay you right. Because One Stop won’t.
Ellieholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellieholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 23:55
Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I’ll be giving that one a miss then haha. Don’t suppose you happen to know any other agencies/companies that are good for gap year type work like this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 07:29
You’d be doing the right thing, I promise ya. I do know quite a lot of good agencies actually! Send me a PM on here and i’ll send you a few over!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic