FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working abroad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fitgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working abroad
    Posted: 18 January 2005 at 19:21
Hi was wondering if any one could help me?

My boyfriend and I want to work a winter season in any ski resort really but dont have the first clue of where to start?!!! Can anyone give me some useful info? Thanks.
missmoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:58
hi, i dont know much, but ive been looking at working a season in canada.
youll need a work visa to go there though, and the easiest way to get this is through BUNAC - look at their website.
im not sure about european resorts, but try looking up their websites for info?
also look at a website called natives (google it) which has loads of info on it.

xx
Fitgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 12:26
Hi missmoo!

Thanks for the info will check BUNAC website out.
highjinx79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highjinx79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:42
hey,
                how are ya? i done a season in france last winter n it was gr8!....so easy to do aswell, they paid for my flight n acommodation and meals, just brows the winter jobs list and apply to loads, youll get something and you will never regret it, but u might if you dont do it

try www.skiolympic.com
www.gumtree.com
even just go to ask jeeves n type in winter ski resort jobs

good luck                                      

jason church View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason church Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 18:34
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know i manage a recruitment company and we help anyone get Skijobs from porters, reps, chalet staff, resort mangers baisically everything.

Weve got about 80+ vacancies still to fill, its easy to find a job through us as we work with most of the ski companies.

We also recruit for loads of summer companies. If your struggling visit our website, it has loads of info too.

www.alprecruit.co.uk or us at applications@alprecruit.co.uk

Cheers

Jason ( this is my 3rd season and still love it)

P.s. Like most companies you need an UK/EU passport or Visas, UK NI number & Bank account.
josnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 11:57
Hi,
That sounds great, but what does one do without a NI number? Is there any way around this? Im Australian with a UK passport and already in Austria. Yesterday I went looking for work in St. Anton and it doesnt seem easy! If anyone knows of any positions vacant for an experienced waitress or perhaps even resort rep or something in an Austrian ski resort please let me know~!

It seems really silly, Im already here but Im considering flying to the UK to get a NI number and bank account simply so I can work here in Austria! Crazy. And then a job still isnt guaranteed! What would be really helpful would be if someone who interview me here for a job, then I would go to the uk to get my NI number but otherwise I dont know if its worthwhile. I believe I have everything else worthy of getting a job- the right personality, experience, skills etc. but no NI number! Very frustrating. Any suggestions? Please!!
jason church View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason church Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 12:56
Hi,

It is a pain and has been an ongoing problem for a while.

There really isnt anyway around, unless someone will pay you locally like cash in hand.

The work is difficult to find that pays in this way, most transfer reps get paid locally. That could be an area to look at, if this something you want to do then pop into the tour operators offices and apply directly to them.

Ask around, im sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Unfortunatly the only other option is to return to the UK and obtain a bank account and a NI number. You can actually open an account online with First Direct so that would save some time.

For NI contact National Insurance: Registrations Helpline

If you would like information about registering for a National Insurance Number then please call the number below. Open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4.30pm

Telephone:   0845 91 57006 or 0845 91 55670

Hope this helps.

Jason Church
Alprecruit www.alprecruit.co.uk
bigkecks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigkecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 12:19
Or go to natives.co.uk on the message boards there are loads of ski bums on there that point you in the right direction....!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic