FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

working for SkiBound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 16:42
Oo that's where my interview was in surbiton! (It's really easy to find if your not sure where it is)
Jimmy_D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 18:32
Leaving on the 29th then. Is everyone excited?

Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 19:16
I go on the 9th dec!! So so excited!!! Are you?
Jimmy_D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 23:14
Yeah I'm very excited. Glad that I have a leaving date now, makes it feel more real. Are you flying out then? What job are you doing Alice? I am a bit gutted that we don't find out about our placements until the training week. 

Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 08:57
Yeah I know same!! No by coach :( are you flying? I'm going to be bar staff! What are you gonna be doing? I hope I get my placement before as I assume ill go straight to resort cause I guess I'm not doing training week as I'm going so much later!
Watters47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watters47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 13:08
Hi, I have got an interview on thursday for Kitchen Porter/Night Porter. I'm also suppose to have one for general assistant but they said they would give me a date for an interview when available Confused. But it's getting pretty late haha. Has anyone got any tips for the interview and assessment day or any info about the tasks you do. Would be much appreciated thanks!!!
Jimmy_D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 14:43
No I'm going by coach as well. Quite glad really as I think I will have more than the allocated weight for a plane. (luggage - not bodyweight lol)  Bar staff? Cool, so you are quite good at French then? I'm going as a chef. Looking forward to the training week, should be fun. 

Watters47. I didn't go for your job but in the morning you will do group activities. I would say be as involved in everything as you can. Enjoy it. They are looking for people who can interact with others. As we'll all be living and working together. 
You will have a short interview in the afternoon. Just think of some experiences that would be applicable to your role. Give examples as when you have had to work as part of a team. How to keep yourself motivated etc. 

Hope that everything goes well for you :) 
Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 17:08
Oh are you!! Haha I know and me I'm so glad as I would have been well over the luggage allowance! Erm I'm ok at French! Not amazing but ok haha!! Ooo a chef? Sounds fun! Where is training week this year? So excited to goo!
Jimmy_D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 17:35
We are training in Les Menuires. I don't know anything about the place to be honest. 
Haha I'm relying on the "french speaking bar staff" to teach me a bit of Lingo. I'm useless. Trying to learn a bit before I go out, but I want to be competent by the time I finish my season.
Yeah I do enjoy being a chef, working in kitchens. I haven't done it for a while, but I am looking forward to it.
Have you ever done a long coach journey before?It's not that bad. Always a nice little ferry journey to stretch the legs too.  I've done a couple of long ones before. We got lost on the way to Italy once, it took about the 35 hours haha. 
Are you planning on doing any summer work or just the winter season? 

Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 22:59
Haha I'm ok but not the best but will pick it up easily when were there! Which resort are u hoping to go to or don't you mind? Yeah last year an this year I went skiing both on a coach so done a couple of journeys to France! There not too bad they go quickly so it won't be too bad! Haha! Oh god 35hrs?? That's ridiculous haha! Hope we don't get lost on the way to France!
Yeah I might do a summer season I I enjoy the winter! What about yourself? Is this your first season?
Watters47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watters47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:25
Cheers for the advice Jimmy, really hoping to get this job as I've been turned down, mostly everywhere else haha. Hopefully will be in the same situation as you guys in a couple of weeks. Good luck in your seasons anyway!!! 
Catrinpugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrinpugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:32
Has anyone who got the job for General Assisstant this season received their leaving date yet? I haven't just yet, so getting a bit worried!!
Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 08:22
Wooo going to les menuires on the 9th dec so excited!!!!! Catrinpugh, email ami? She will probs be able to tell u I emailed about what resort I'm going to and she emailed straight back telling me? So it might be worth a try :)
Catrinpugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrinpugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 10:05
Thanks for the advice, I emailed Ami and she replied straight away again, informing me that contracts are being distributed in a staggered fashion, so she will try and let me know ASAP. But she has said I will probably be going out mid December, so that's something! :)
Chris94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 19:34
Hey everyone!

just thought id say hi! ill be working as a general assistant in les menuires, leaving on sunday! hows the packing going? I need to go do some shopping:) wont be able to afford much on 200 pounds a month so hoping to get it cheap at home!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic