FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TUI Holiday Rep Assessment Day for 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beth1928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth1928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TUI Holiday Rep Assessment Day for 2017
    Posted: 11 October 2016 at 19:04
Hi, I applied to be a holiday rep with Thomson and First Choice for 2017. I have received an email inviting me to an assessment day and I am going to the one in Manchester on the 5th November. I'm just wondering if anyone has been to one of these before and what I should expect? Also, the presentation we have to do for an excursion, do we do this on Power Point or just basically stand up and talk about it without using a computer? If anyone has any tips or suggestions, then I would appreciate these
Thank you :)
eurochrissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eurochrissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 19:45
-Hello Beth1928,
                            - i have worked for al fresco a few years ago, unfortunately for me even though i had previous experience in the travel industry prior to joining i had an awful contract which i finished early,--Please don't let me put you off joining Beth, but i'll mention what happened to me so you might not have it happen to you, i was told off by a not so lovely manager for putting 'Rep' instead of Representative on a typical copy form to one of the guests, i believe also the term 'ground handler' is also insisted upon, although this was never mentioned until i arrived on site and at no point during the interview...

-If you are sent to a site in a warmer climate like south france, you might have problems with the air conditioning systems (which are definitely required in these regions), and guest's are not best pleased if the air-con fails, however a site such as this i worked on had 3 air-con units fail even in low season, what i discovered though (because i was new), was that the company that is called out to fix these units, will only call out when more than 3 fail, this is generally not good news to guests who you will have to move to better accommodation (not what you need, once they're checked in) and WILL ask for a complaint form...

-The accommodation for reps/ representatives/ ground handlers tends to be the older season mobile homes (not usually a problem), however the showers in these mobiles only deliver hot water for a couple of minutes-not ideal, you usually end up using the guest facilities....also if your are sent to a warmer climate, these live mobiles do not have air-con, which you will wish was the case when the night temperature is fairly high..

-a final point, al fresco usually ask guests to pay a cleaning deposit upon arrival to insure the mobile is left clean and tidy, i can't prove this but on my last site thefts of these deposits took place (i swear not by me), but i had my suspicions, if you can get a hold of this stuff then do, there is a security invisible ink available to buy online which can be used to mark items that you think may be liable to theft, later this ink oxidises and a legible smudge can be seen on the fingers of the last person to handle whatever the item is, it would be a good idea to invest in some of this to be sure....

-i know this advice might not be the best, but it's there just in case, if you can do have a good season and enjoy the job...

Edited by eurochrissy - 11 October 2016 at 19:47
Alice@AlFresco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice@AlFresco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 12:20
Hi eurocrissy,

Thanks for your comments.

I am sorry to hear your contract ended early with us at Al Fresco Holidays. We are pleased you have shared your personal account and perspective of life on the campsite. Our Reps play an integral role to our customers holidays so sharing your experiences helps them to understand more than just the job role itself.

Kind regards,
Alice@AlFresco
Nicolaryanx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicolaryanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2017 at 12:23
Hi, iv got my assessment next week? 

how did you do the presentation? were you successful?
thanks x 
AndrewH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2017 at 23:25
Mine is on the 4th of October at Luton, can't wait even though I'm a but nervous
Ggosiag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ggosiag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2017 at 12:49
Can I just ask you what you wrote in your application form to answer the question how would you make us smile in 15 words? Do you know when the closing date is for the rep post?
Thanks
Delly View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2017 at 13:07
Sorry but they asked what makes you smile not us. Try. You need to be original     I don’t know when it closes a lot of us have already been to the assessment dates
AndrewH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2017 at 21:07
I put down something along the line of " what makes me smile, is when I know that I have made someones holiday and made them smile, and when I have achieved that, I know I have done my job and can. That is what make me smile" I think, I was down a couple pints when I done the application
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic