FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All gone a bit mainstream?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Goshen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goshen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All gone a bit mainstream?
    Posted: 06 September 2004 at 23:11
I was hearing the other day about a kid who had a freestyle 'trainer' and his dad was talking about him turning pro as soon as he could get him noticed. I'm not knocking him getting backing from his dad, and riding these days gets a lot more support commercially than skaters used to - which is good for..erm..well not most of us. But I cant help feeling like its gone a bit far when you see famous skiers on TV telling people how to ride a board (not a dig at our one piece wearing cousins!), pros talking about competing all the time and every plastic sh*tty sunglasses, margerine, rucksack brand aimed at 16 - 30 year olds hijacking it because it's 'cool'. Seems the skater spawned 'do it for fun not for recognition' ethos has disapeared a wee bit. It doesnt matter really, doesnt affect you when you are out, cant be said out loud because you sound like a biggot, but secretly gets up my nose.

Anybody remember Goshen?
Eddie View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 18:57
At least they dont put spikes on the handrails in ski resorts! I think the commercial stuff is a good thing for boarding, it means that we get snowparks and proper gear. Whats Goshen?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic