New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Working visa,Canada 2011,drink driving conviction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working visa,Canada 2011,drink driving conviction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lisplover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisplover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working visa,Canada 2011,drink driving conviction
    Posted: 04 October 2010 at 03:36
Hi everyone, just need some advice!

Me and a friend want to go travelling round Canada next year on a worker's visa, but I have a drink driving conviction. It's something I'm deeply ashamed of, and I have learned my lesson.

The offence took place December 2008, and my ban was lifted August this year. Apart from this I don't have any other record.

Are there any chances I may be declined? Since then I have had good character, and have passed a TEFL teaching course. My friend has a clean record.

Any advice please? Thanks!
herecomesthesun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herecomesthesun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 10:19
ask www.bunac.org.uk - they're the experts on working Visas., I'd just give them a ring though and them the theoretical question.
rideonwhistler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rideonwhistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 20:17
I think you will probably be okay. I would just make sure you leave as much time as possible for the application to go through as it will probably take longer than normal. A guy I know was convicted of drink driving in Canada a couple of weeks ago and he was allowed to stay and work out the rest of his working holiday visa..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic