Job Role Summary:
As a Neilson Activity Manager, you are stepping into one of our most senior overseas positions. You must be friendly, approachable and enthusiastic with mature, strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate for this role will bring considerable managerial experience within the active sports environment.
You will be based at one of our stunning summer European beach club resorts in Greece, Croatia, or Italy, where you will create a professional, safe, and fun environment.
You will lead your active resort team to deliver Neilson’s extensive resort activity programme to an exceptional standard and help all Neilson guests to have an unforgettable holiday experience.
This is a challenging role, but if you are looking for a rewarding career and you are someone that thrives under pressure, this could well be the role for you.
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts, where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence that every element of their holiday is delivered by people who care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following…
- We expect you to be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- To always maintain an excellent standard of customer service across the resort
- Ensure a safe environment for all staff and guests
- Accurately conduct Health and Safety/Quality Audits on time
- Set, monitor and control all active operational budgets and financial accounting for the resort
- Correctly complete all operational resort paperwork on time
- Take responsibility for the ordering and tracking of all operational equipment
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson Active equipment
- Overall responsibility for the appearance of the Neilson Active sites and to ensure that they always meet guest expectations
- Continuously develop your team to achieve/exceed all set quality targets for service and instruction
- Continually monitor the services provided by suppliers and take actions to ensure the continued improvement of service initiatives
- Formulate action plans that prevent and resolve problems
- Set up and monitor Key Performance Indicators
- Create and implement a comprehensive, multifaceted working activity programme
- Coordinate and work with the General Manager with the set-up of the beach and the hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- Develop positive working relationships with all departments and resorts both overseas and in the UK
- Work with the team to organise and host social events, deliver briefings
- Be happy to interact with guests at all times
- Able to train, motivate and appraise the active team to ensure the highest levels of instruction
- Co-ordinate and deliver a training programme and assume the responsibility for the development of the active staff
- Assist in the management, development and motivation of all resort staff
- Deliver pre-season training for resort staff
- Provide continued one to one and group training sessions throughout the season
- Set and monitor objectives, carry out appraisals and provide regular feedback for all direct reports
- Deal with any grievance/disciplinary issues appropriately and according to Neilson procedures
- Coordinate all staff accommodation – liaise with housekeeping for linen, maintenance for repairs and with local owners throughout the season
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to lead, motivate, train a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Motivational and problem-solving skills
- Operational knowledge of the safety procedures relating to all activities offered by Neilson
- Extensive understanding of the RYA, the BWSF syllabus and the Neilson programme
- In-depth understanding of current watersports industry and all activities provided by Neilson
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, other management, and all staff
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to understand the pros & cons of each activity from a working staff perspective to pre-empt any potential issues
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
Qualifications & Experience required:
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace – This would be a minimum – First Responder training would be highly desirable
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Management experience
- Customer service experience
- Budgeting and money handling experience
- Previous responsibility for health and safety standards
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated and responsible
- Flexible, punctual, organised and efficient
- Clean, tidy and professional appearance
* For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.