Volunteer with us and help us provide inclusive education for children in the Peruvian Andes
NGO Taxi works with four schools in the Peruvian Andes that provide flexible and inclusive learning for children aged 7-16 years old who come from families living with scarce income, forcing children to work in the daytime. This project supports schools with English-speaking volunteers who can increase the quality of the schools' English language education. This is essential, as the best paid jobs in the area are in the tourism industry: Access to a good English education helps break the poverty cycle.
What will you be doing as a volunteer?
- Assisting teachers in planning and delivering lessons.
- Supporting, encouraging, and motivating students during lessons.
- Providing fluent-speaker modeling in English classes
- Working one-on-one with students to assist with their particular challenges.
- Design and supervision of activities during or outside of class times.
- Project monitoring and reporting.
You will be working hand in hand with the teacher in charge of the class. The school follows a set curriculum but with a certain flexibility and creativity which will allow you to propose and work on ideas and activities.
- Help provide inclusive education and support children in breaking the poverty cycle to increase their opportunities for a better future.
- Learn about other cultures and realities.
- Learn how to adapt and respond to changes and how to deal with different aspects of daily life and fields of activity. Become flexible, resourceful, and a team player.
- Get involved in teaching and education.
- And learn and practice your Spanish!
Contact us for more information, we will be happy to answer all your questions.