Improve your language skills and gain invaluable work experience in our Intensive French Learning Centre in Lower Normandy
We are now recruiting Kitchen/ Catering Assistants for 2019
Improve your language skills and gain invaluable experience in a fun filled French environment!
Here is a very exciting opportunity to join our team.
Full in-house training will be provided for you so no previous experience is required; however a basic level of spoken French is essential. We are looking for motivated, outgoing and positive characters that are eager to improve their French language skills.
Although your main role will be in the kitchen, you will participate in all aspects of Château life where no two days are the same. You will work under the direction of our chefs, preparing and serving food, laying tables and cleaning the facilities after use. At meal times you may be asked to present the meal (in French) to visiting schools and interact with the language lessons that each mealtime provides.
You will be paid £525 net per month plus full board and lodging (+ benefits as per below):
Minimum period of work: 6 months from 01/03 to 31/10
Our offer includes:
- Free return transport to and from the Château from a UK port/ airport
- On top of your salary, full board and lodging is provided for you either on-site or at a local gîte where all your water, gas and electricity is paid for. You will be catered for by our chef three times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and food is also provided at the weekend when you stay at the Château or gîte.
- You will be provided with an English contract for your duration for £525 net/ month
- A common room is available for the staff to share and include TV, DVD, stereo, washing machine/ dryer, cooker, fridge/ freezer, microwave, kettle.
- Free unlimited WiFi at the Château
- Possibility to use the château Office such as telephone, fax, photocopier, scanner and computer to help with course work if needed.
- You can use all Château facilities and take part in all excursions and activities on your time off.
- Lots of Staff entertainment and outings with the rest of the team.
A typical week generally consists of five working days and two days off (35hrs). You will be required to work some evenings up until 9pm and your job will cover all aspects of Château life. You may occasionally be asked to help out in other departments such as office/ administration, maintenance and management.
Click "Apply Now" and send your CV + photo and/or a personal cover letter explaining why you want to work at the Château.