Be a sports coach, be a hero: Give back to the next generation in South Africa
BUNAC's Sports Coaching South Africa programme gives you the opportunity to use the power of sport to raise awareness of health and social issues among underprivileged children in Port Elizabeth. You will be living with fellow volunteers and working alongside full time local staff. By running coaching sessions, matches and organising tournaments, volunteers are able to give local children access to sporting facilities they would otherwise not have acccess to, as well as bring their passion for sport to the local community.
To date, almost 40,000 disadvantaged children from more than 100 schools have been given sports and life coaching, completing an 18-hour curriculum, with the majority of them reporting that they felt more happy and positive about life, and performing better in fitness tests.
WHAT YOU GET
- Comprehensive orientation to prepare you for your trip
- Your updaid volunteer placement
- Transfers to and from Port Elizabeth airport
- Accommodation in a communal house with a swimming pool
- Three meals a day
- Full orientation and induction to your project
- Pre and post health screening
- Flight booking service
- Personal support and advice from travel experts
- 24/7 support in South Africa
To find out more about our rewarding Sports Coaching South Africa programme, click 'apply now'. If you have a question, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 999 7516. We look forward to kickstarting your adventure.