Help us provide flexible and inclusive learning for children in public schools in the Peruvian Andes!
This project aims to support schools with native English speakers who can increase the quality of the schools' English language education. This is essential, as the best paid jobs in the area are in the tourism industry; one must speak English to effectively communicate with tourists and work with various tour companies. Without access to good English education, it's impossible to get a job that provides an escape from poverty.
The schools follow a set curriculum and you will be working in tandem with the classroom's teacher; you will also have the opportunity for some creativity and flexibility!
Typical project work includes:
- Assisting teachers in planning and delivering lessons.
- Supporting, encouraging, and motivating students during lessons.
- Providing fluent-speaker modeling in English classes
- Working one-on-one with students to assist with their particular challenges.
- Design and supervision of activities during or outside of class times.
- Project monitoring and reporting.
Join NGO Taxi today and help set children from impoverished backgrounds on a promising career path!