Snowcoach is an independent family run company operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and our staff!
We are looking for a candidate who would relish running the bar at the Hotel l’Aigle, who is not afraid of hard work and has the desire to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun!
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
Working overseas for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to experience working abroad without having to fund yourself and you get paid in the process!
- Sole responsibility for the hotel bar, serving drinks and snacks to our resident clients and occasional local visitors.
- Compliance of all legal responsibilities under our French bar license.
- Complete weekly stock take, place all necessary orders and check deliveries.
- Daily reconciliation of cash and till receipts.
- Keep/control staff and client bar tabs.
- Complete weekly detailed bar accounts using Excel.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the bar and lounge.
- Plan, organise and advertise bar promotions to maximise revenue.
- Assist/encourage evening entertainment.
- Work well within the team and support other hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for:
- A UK/EU passport holder.
- An inspirational, confident leader with previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Must have substantial bar experience.
- Must be confident in a pressurised working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and time-management skills.
- Proficient in computer skills (particularly Excel), accounting and administration.
- Full clean driving licence would be useful and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions advantageous.
- French language skills are highly desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to/from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!