The Georgian House Bar Staff:
HEAD BAR PERSON:
- Act as a line manager to all FOH staff and oversee the good running of all bar and food service operations.
- Assist and take responsibility for training and the on-going management of all FOH staff within the guidelines of The Georgian House.
- Create and maintain objectives and targets for sales and customer service; delegating duties and managing staff to meet objectives whilst also maximising resources.
- Communicate The Georgian House standards, policy and procedures to all staff.
- Staff Management; ensure staff operate within company policies, monitor standards, performance, timekeeping and general discipline and implement staff dress code
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of beverages to meet set standards and bar displays, implementing systems to maximise sales and revenue.
- Customer care; resolve customer complaints and act on feedback.
- Stock Management; monitor and order supplies, liaise with suppliers and sales representatives, ensure deliveries are checked in correctly and documentation is correct, check stock is correctly rotated and stored to reduce wastage.
- Stay current with relevant legislation regarding service of alcohol, sale of tobacco and licensing, Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
- Undertake bar administrative duties, including the creation and maintenance of staff rotas and timesheet records.
- Oversee accurate cash-up procedures and ensure necessary paperwork is complete, assist in reporting, reconciling and banking bar sales.
- Assist in managing staff tips, customer accounts, float and change.
- Monitor cashing up and the use of floats and ensure that the security of cash.
- Undertake other duties of which you are capable and for which you have been trained or will receive training and ensure correct hand-over to those responsible when you are off duty.
- Actively look at ways to encourage new business and save money alongside managers.
- Responsible, with the General Manager, for staff welfare and organising team events.
- Building maintenance and understanding of equipment.
- Attend regular staff and manager meetings and maintain regular communication with staff and management through meetings and discussions.
- Work closely with the General Manager, Head Chef and to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the business according to licensing authority regulations and Health & Safety policy.
- Assist General Manager with conducting staff disciplinary actions where required.
Key skills and attitude requirements:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in customer service environment.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Establish a highly personalised style of service and attention to guests and detail.
- Helpful, approachable and friendly attitude to all guests at all times and to use guests names at every available opportunity.
- To maintain a high standard in personal appearance and demeanour.
- To care about the quality of service, food and drink delivered.
- To care about the well-being of the team as a whole and the individuals offering support when needed.
- Willingness to go above and beyond when necessary and to work hours outside those outlined on the rota.
- Professional, reliable, flexible, adaptable with a positive attitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication with customers and staff.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Patience, diplomacy and level-headed attitude.
- A passion for delivering great service and interest in good food and drink.
- Taking pride in the product, service and a happy team.
- Start date: preferably Sept/Oct but negoitable
- Working week: 5 days per week with 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: competitive
- Holiday: subject to individual contract
- Accommodation - own room in sgared accomodation: free wifi, good standard and spacious (£100 utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts at The Georgian House and The Moorings off food and beverage