The Bar & Ski Host is one of the most visible roles in our chalet-hotels, so they are essential to our operation in resort and are a main point of contact for keeping our guests happy. Without the engaging personalities of our staff, their cleanliness, attention to detail and fantastic hosting skills we wouldn’t have so many repeat bookers. It is the Host’s job to ensure our guests are not on just any ski holiday but to make sure they have the true ‘Ski Miquel Experience’.
This is a highly sociable role for people who are willing to work hard and enjoy all that the mountains have to offer. If you do, you will be rewarded with a job that gives you plenty of skiing time and guest interaction, making it ideal for someone who is outgoing and loves meeting new people.
This is a split role, focussing primarily on covering the chalet-hotel bar and ski hosting with our guests, although some Chalet Host duties will also be involved. The following is an outline of the principal tasks that are expected of our Chalet Hosts and Bar & Ski Hosts:
- Clean the guest rooms (including the toilets and showers) on transfer days.
- Clean the communal areas on transfer days and when the bar is quiet.
- Serve afternoon tea when opening the bar late afternoon / early evening.
- If the bar is quiet, assist with setting up the dining room for dinner.
- Set up and be present for afternoon tea served from 16:30-17:30.
- Create a great atmosphere with a lit fire and appealing music.
- Serve guests après-ski drinks with good company.
- Run the bar up until 23:00 with a break for evening meal service.
- Keep the bar and lounge areas clean, tidy, and welcoming.
- Ensure the bar is always well-stocked.
- Be ready 10 minutes ahead of the meeting time to greet the guests.
- Divide the guests into two groups (if required).
- Ski with our guests all morning, stopping for a mid-morning coffee break.
- Book a mountain restaurant for lunch each day.
- Address the diverse needs of our guests and tailor each day’s ski hosting programme to the groups’ abilities.
- Ensure the groups are always safe and having fun!
This is a very social position in which we encourage our staff to interact with the guests become a major factor in the enjoyment of their holiday!
The following is an outline of the personal qualities that are expected of our Hosts:
- Friendly and engaging
- Team player
- High attention to detail
- Must have a valid EU passport, or must already have the right to work in the European Union
- Have a high level of English to be able to communicate well with guests and other staff
- Previous hospitality experience
- A very experienced skier
- Be able to inspire confidence in a ski group
- The ability to speak another foreign language is preferred, but is not essential
Bar & Ski Host Package
Our Bar & Ski Hosts will receive the following as part of their employment package for the 2023/24 winter season:
- Competitive salary
- Share of the weekly tips
- Holiday pay
- One day off per week
- Accommodation arranged but charged for (optional)
- Meals provided
- Lift pass provided
- Ski or snowboard equipment hire provided
- Insurance provided
- Ski Miquel uniform provided
- Discretionary contribution towards travel to and from resort