With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
The Peligoni Bars
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club: it’s the first to open, and the last to close, dispensing drinks during breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as entertaining guests into the small hours. The Driftwood Bar is also host to some of our much-loved evening events which include our Peli Pub Quiz and our renowned Party Nights.
Breakfast is served in the bar area overlooking the calm waters and early morning water skiers with talented baristas producing delicious hot coffees, smoothies and freshly squeezed juices.
Lunch service is particularly busy with up to 300 guests dining each day during peak season and we regularly host up to 130 guests for dinner. With two separate restaurants for our guests to choose from, The Driftwood Bar provides a dispense bar for both restaurants. With something different happening every evening, there’s never a dull moment. The most popular evenings are our Party Nights where the bar is transformed into a dance floor – one of these always has a fancy dress theme and staff are encouraged to join in the fun.
In addition to The Driftwood Bar, our bar team also look after our newly transformed courtyard. This is a beautiful space surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves. By day, The Courtyard offers a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of lunch service and is a popular stop for an ice cream. By night, it makes the perfect events space; catching the golden hour light just perfectly for a cocktail reception before our party night dinners and host to our family festival nights. Open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls once a week where kids run around and make new friends and everyone enjoys a laid back evening of live music and tasty street food.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service in what can often be a high-pressure environment.
With plenty of variety in styles of service we are looking for a versatile team of bar staff, capable of making a perfect cup of coffee, building a delicious cocktail, recommending an unusual wine from our cellar and most importantly a team who enjoy talking to our guests and getting to know them throughout the week. From bustling lunch services to sophisticated dinner parties, chilled tapas nights to fast paced party night fun our bar staff are talented, enthusiastic party starters who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
Bar Supervisor positions may be available for those with appropriate experience
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Preparation of drinks, including cocktails, coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Restock and replenish bar supplies
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Provide support to the restaurant team during meal service
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Be highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Have a strong sense of team spirit
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits, cocktails and coffees
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous experience working in a coffee bar is desirable
- Previous cash handling experience
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- Have an understanding of UK Alcohol Licensing Laws
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa