Bartender at The Georgian House
Situated on the cobbled streets of St Anne on the idyllic island of Alderney, the Georgian House is a much-loved pub with four charming rooms, a restaurant, secluded garden and bar.
Open year round both permanent and summer positions are available (the perfect stop gap before the next winter season).
With its locally sourced food, well equipped bar and friendly and attentive staff, it’s a popular choice for both locals and holiday makers to eat, drink, socialise and enjoy some live music (with Alps bands a plenty).
The job will be varied, and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with the Georgian House ethos.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Playing an active role behind the bar, and (with the support of Bar Manager) meet targets for wet sales.
- Delivering exceptional customer care service.
- Good product knowledge of food and beverages.
- Handling of cash and till management.
- Maintaining a clean bar area, changing barrels, maintaining taps and topping up fridges and shelves.
- Stock taking and assisting with wine deliveries.
- A good understanding and application of health and hygiene.
- A confidence and willingness to work on the floor when necessary.
- Attending staff meetings as required.
- Meeting & greeting residents and customers.
We are looking for people who have/are:
- Previous experience; 1-2 years at least
- Strong social and people skills with a cheerful and outgoing manner.
- Highly motivated and organised, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and energetic.
- A good phone manner.
- An ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- An ability to cope under pressure and be fast and efficient.
- A general willingness to work hard.
- Are adaptable and have a flexible attitude.
- Excellent communication.
- Able to have fun!
- Permanent and part time positions available.
- Start date - March-May 2020
- Working week: 5 days per week with 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: competitive
- Holiday: subject to individual contract
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, good standard and spacious (£100/month utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts at The Georgian House and The Moorings off food and beverage
Please click apply now if you are interested in the position or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
References on request.
Other positions are also available at The Moorings and The Victoria in Alderney.